Hood [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hood

bwwelk
08-09-2006, 09:02 PM
On my 01 Ga gt the hood is unproperly aligned or something .. When lookin at front of car ,,the gap between hood and at top of the Ram air ports is about 1/8th inch off . Drivers side you can't get ur finger between and pass.. you can.. Its been like this since I bought the car a year ago and its startin to drive me crazy ,,my wife says its not that bad but i think it is and would like it to be fixed..

Is there any way plastic part of bumper, or bumper itself can be adusted to have the gap even all the way accross...

Phuxed
08-09-2006, 09:46 PM
i dont know if u checked this and i have no idea if it could actually have that much of an effect...but i think there are 2 rubber stops at the front corners of the hood. im pretty sure they are adjustable, maybe theyre at different heights...

im 99% sure theyre there and they adjust simply by turning them

bwwelk
08-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Ok ill check that tomorrow .. See if helps any.. Hopefully it will ..
Thanks

tenspeed
08-09-2006, 11:28 PM
The plastic knobs adjust the hood so it is flush with the fenders. The latch in the center has three bolts and be adjusted for the height in the center. If both of those are ok, try some shims/washers under the bumper cover where the plastic pull pins are.

bwwelk
08-10-2006, 08:46 AM
ok !! later on ill see what i can do with it .
Thanks

coupe
08-10-2006, 09:36 AM
Can you get a pic of it for us?

bwwelk
08-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Sorry i just got on and seen that you had asked if i had a picture for you all to look at.. Well i do have a digital camera but as far as attaching a picture to a reply im not sure how id do it..

bwwelk
08-11-2006, 04:53 PM
I got it to look a little bit better by putting some shims right in line with those little plastic screws that hold the air duct piece together (THAT SAYS RAM AIR) and drilled a hole through the shim so the plastic screw and clip can fit down through , which raised the plastic part of bumper up a little ,SO IT LOOKS ALOT BETTER .. IF you let me know how to attach picture still let you all take a look at it soon as i get a photo of it

bwwelk
08-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey I tried hitting go advanced and then manage attachedment and tryed uploadin the photo for you all but it says its to large how can i attach it???

Phuxed
08-12-2006, 08:14 PM
try uploading it to a picture place like photobucket and then use the "insert image" button (its the little one with the mountain and sun on it). or you can make the image smaller and try attatching it again. IIRC if you convert it to jpeg it will make it smaller, or just shrink the size if its huge.

coupe
08-12-2006, 08:17 PM
try uploading it to a picture place like photobucket and then use the "insert image" button (its the little one with the mountain and sun on it). or you can make the image smaller and try attatching it again. IIRC if you convert it to jpeg it will make it smaller, or just shrink the size if its huge.

Thats EXACTLY what i do and i have never had to resize anything, thats why i recomend using photobuckt becuase it is seriously a no brainer.

bwwelk
08-12-2006, 08:56 PM
As you can see it still has a big gap ,but the biggest part I was concerned about is the pass. side that had much bigger gap than drivers side... When I screwd that big rubber adjustr down it made it a little un-even with fender and hood but it looks a little better as far as hood to bumper gap goes . Any suggestions

bwwelk
08-12-2006, 08:58 PM
sorry i got it uploaded to manage my attachments but when i hit insert image it sent the mess with out pic

coupe
08-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Use photobucket.com.

bwwelk
08-13-2006, 02:42 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/1222/bwwelk/Billandwendys.jpg

Here It is guys

bwwelk
08-13-2006, 02:48 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/1222/bwwelk/Billandwendys.jpg

bwwelk
08-13-2006, 02:56 PM
OKKK Well this is makin me mad... I finally get it and it says image has been moved or deleted .. I registered with photobucket and uploaded the pic and got the URL and typed it in exactly as it appeared on my file @ photobucket.com and still it didnt work.. I have never done this before so youll have to be patient w/me until i get it .. Once i do ill be fine .. Hopefully ...HA ha :)

Ajaxus
08-13-2006, 03:26 PM
use copy/patste for the url just to be sure there isn't a small error when you typed it in.

bwwelk
08-13-2006, 03:33 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l222/bwwelk/Billandwendys.jpg

coupe
08-14-2006, 06:02 AM
Dude use the IMG not the URL.
Highlight it, cut it, paste it in your message box, done.

From that pic your hood looks fine.

bwwelk
08-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah it actually don't look too bad now , other than on pass. side ,like I allready said when i screwed the rubber adjuster down a little it made it little uneven with the hood and fender but really cant tell .. I think putting the spacers under the plastic part of bumper is what made the most difference..