Blower Motor HVAC Problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Blower Motor HVAC Problems

tomh
08-11-2006, 06:32 PM
ok the other day when I was going to pittsburg my ac stopped blowing. When it is on 5 it feels like it is blowing at the #1 speed. Its not the resistor because when you move it from 1,2,3,4,5 it does get louder but it doesnt blow much harder. Then it started working just fine. Until today I went over a set of railroad tracks and it started making a hell of a noise and it is shacking the entire car when it shacks hard at each setting 1 being the least. Could it be the blower motor going bad?

BULLET48
08-12-2006, 08:04 AM
That definitely a good possibility that it's the motor. Also check the connectors going to the motor and resister, this isn't likely to cause this problem you are having but the have a history of loosening in turn lets moisture seeping in and shorts out.

pyro
08-12-2006, 10:54 AM
also make sure that the screws are tightened down all the way on the blower.

tomh
08-12-2006, 07:24 PM
i fixed it... there was a piece of foam in the blower motor

Hurricane
08-14-2006, 07:17 AM
At this point I'd be curious as to how you ended up with a piece of foam in your blower motor?

Ajaxus
08-14-2006, 08:19 AM
anybody decide to fill more than the interior of your car with packing peanuts? lol

that sure is a weird one tom, glad you got it figured out..

tomh
08-14-2006, 08:29 AM
its a really soft piece of foam.. if you take out your air vents and shine a flashlight back there you can see the foam im talking about if i recall correctly. my only guess is the little bit of glue they used to hold it on weakend enough to let go somewhere in the air duct

Ajaxus
08-14-2006, 08:31 AM
ah, well good thin you found it, im sure it could've become more hazardous overtime.