Worth it? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Worth it?

LoboMan7409
08-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey guys I decided to start doing things to my GT but I am just wondering if some things you guys have on your cars were really worth it. First if the PCM from PFYC.com, was the hundred dollars really worth it, why. Strut tower braces, do they really help your handling. fuel pressure regulator, TB sensor enhancer, bigger TB. Do any of these things help at all, and if any of you guys have a suggestion let me know.

tejohnson
08-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Yes, but if you plan to make changes down the road (i.e. Forced Induction, etc), then you may want to consider a tuning package like Powrtuner, etc.

Avoid the TPS enhancer (garbage), you really don't need the AFPR, unless you are planning forced induction.

xxbackhillxx
08-15-2006, 06:59 AM
Yes, but if you plan to make changes down the road (i.e. Forced Induction, etc), then you may want to consider a tuning package like Powrtuner, etc.

Avoid the TPS enhancer (garbage), you really don't need the AFPR, unless you are planning forced induction.
You don't even need the AFPR if you get a tuning package. Both are garbage.

Do this in order, and you'll be happy after a full exhaust and intake::

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57039

99GTCoupe
08-15-2006, 09:10 AM
I'll keep those two in mind. I was thinking about them (TPS and AFPR) but if they are garbage, then thanks ;)

tejohnson
08-15-2006, 09:15 AM
You don't even need the AFPR if you get a tuning package. Both are garbage.

The first part of that is true, but the AFPR is not quite garbage. It is very helpful if you go boosted since most AFPR's are boost referenced.

xxbackhillxx
08-15-2006, 10:17 AM
The first part of that is true, but the AFPR is not quite garbage. It is very helpful if you go boosted since most AFPR's are boost referenced.

very true ... but I doubt he'll be going boosted any time soon. It's coming!!!!!

Blight
08-15-2006, 11:53 AM
Its worth it running NA for the DHP. To me it was the best investment i made (if you have an intake and exhaust). Or else get someone to tune it on your stock PCM. And i reccomend for you - Not to send yours back in for the Core Charge. I kept mine. It came in handy to have an extra stock PCM.

harvester45
08-15-2006, 02:47 PM

What exactly does the boost referenced AFPR do for you if you are boosted? I believe that I heard that it will add more fuel as it sees boost, but can't this be tuned for via Powrtuner? Or does it just make it a lot easier to tune it, since it's already adding fuel?