Identify this part! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Identify this part!

resevil83
08-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Help me identify this part. This came from the engine mount area on the left hand side. I heard a clank when I was jacking up the engine. That had fallen down a bit. I removed my power steering pump, my alternator and my belt tensioner. I hope this part is a bracket to one of those. Identify it for me, because I have no clue!

iceman
08-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Used to hoist the motor out of the car. Been a while, but I believe it goes in there with the alternator or tensioner bracket... can't remember exactly

Firebirdnyc
08-18-2006, 10:26 PM
ya thats the one that goes near the alternator bracket.

99GTCoupe
08-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I recognize it, but would have to go out to my car to remember where it goes.

I'm at work so I don't think they would like that, lol

williamGT
08-19-2006, 12:52 AM
Help me identify this part. This came from the engine mount area on the left hand side. I heard a clank when I was jacking up the engine. That had fallen down a bit. I removed my power steering pump, my alternator and my belt tensioner. I hope this part is a bracket to one of those. Identify it for me, because I have no clue!
That is the bracket too jack up the motor.....right by the 3400SFI (intake manifold) very bottom right side and by the valve cover. :)

resevil83
08-19-2006, 11:40 AM
hahah thanks guys! As soon as you said engine hoist, I was like, ohhh yea!!! Thanks a bunch.