Occasional Shaking During Accel [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Occasional Shaking During Accel

Ajaxus
08-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Alright, I figure the explorer won't sell here so this won't hurt me that much. Anyways, the issue is with the 98 Ford Explorer I put up for sale (if you want full stats pull up the thread). It occasionally shakes during acceleration. The times that it accelerates smoothly I've noticed a great lack in power and responsivness. The only two major repairs recently was a replaced belt and fuel pump.

My first instinct was a cylinder misfire, but I would notice the shaking during idle, which I'm not. Sooo, anybody have any ideas?

I'm hoping it's something simple and uncostly... :)

Ajaxus
08-24-2006, 09:45 AM
*bump*

anybody?

Sprucegagt
08-24-2006, 10:13 AM
It could be anything. But if you wanted to start somewhere I would give it a tune up. Plus how does this relate to your GA?

2000Gt Grand Am
08-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Check your tire pressure, its probablly not that but it doesnt hurt to check that out.

Ajaxus
08-24-2006, 11:12 AM
It could be anything. But if you wanted to start somewhere I would give it a tune up. Plus how does this relate to your GA?

it relates because if i can get this thing to sell then i get comission, and that money goes towards the GA. :)

it wasn't in the shop that long ago, but i'd hate to have to sink alot of money into it if im going to be turning around and selling it.