Monsoon Mp3 player???? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Monsoon Mp3 player????

robbieholtz
08-23-2006, 10:11 PM
What years do the Monsoon Mp3 players fit on the grand ams???? i have a 99 GAGT with the regular cd player and im wanting to upgrade to the monsoon one from a 2004 model......will this work???? i please hope so!!!

Thanks everyone

resevil83
08-24-2006, 04:58 PM
it should fit no problem. The thing is the harness may be different between those years. That or it may not work because you didn't have the monsoon unit before. The cars BCM may not recognize the player. I would post this question in the audio section on the boards. The guys that browse that forum know their audio. I would just go aftermarket. I think the stock 04 mp3 player is around 550.00 on GM parts direct.

Mirage85
08-24-2006, 07:04 PM
it should fit no problem. The thing is the harness may be different between those years. That or it may not work because you didn't have the monsoon unit before. The cars BCM may not recognize the player. I would post this question in the audio section on the boards. The guys that browse that forum know their audio. I would just go aftermarket. I think the stock 04 mp3 player is around 550.00 on GM parts direct.

A Pontiac dealer should be able to answer that question, HOWEVER, they will only want to help you if you make them think your going to order one through them....

Just tell them what you have, and what you want and just ask them if its possible for them to order one for you and if it would fit right in. Then just say, thanks, bye.

Ajaxus
08-24-2006, 08:37 PM
01+ is double din, 99-00 is din 1.5

So no, a 2004 monsoon isn't going to fit into a 99 grand am. Sorry, you can probably get the same quality if not better from an aftermarket cd player for about the same amount of money. Just a thought.

resevil83
08-25-2006, 07:56 PM
oh, yea sorry about that. Ajax is right. It is 1.5 din. Well maybe you could do some dash modification. I don't think it'd be worth it. A aftermarket head unit is cheaper and better. IMO