Huge coolant leak [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Huge coolant leak

gaowners32
08-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Yup its all gone out of it little box that it is held in. I have no clue how pictures will be up once i get home. Car is def not good to drive, i called napa to deliver some dex cool to me after lunch.

Whats the code for this problem? It sounds like the LIM im not sure. God im pissed at this car.

jackal2000
08-24-2006, 08:47 AM
could be your water pump also. does it look like it got on the belt and sprayed everywhere?

gaowners32
08-24-2006, 08:49 AM
It sprayed everywhere on the belts, near the radiator. No white clouds though kinda odd. Im done with this car once this is fixed i can careless about losing money by trading it in.

badboy2451
08-24-2006, 09:02 AM
my money is on the water pump, if the leak is on the passanger side and not the drivers side then thats what it usually signals...its a very cheap and easy fix, especially when its compared to the LIM

Sprucegagt
08-24-2006, 09:15 AM
It does sound like a water pump. Make sure by getting a small mirror and start the car and let it warm up. Watch the vent hole on the bottom of the water pump to see if it's leaking.

tenspeed
08-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Just put plain water in till you get the leak fixed.

Busted_GA
08-24-2006, 04:39 PM
I had issues like that after dealing w/ a bad mechanic. I thought it was a busted hose. I couldn't figure it out, for a long time. It was coming out the overflow on the fill tank though. Ends up I had a bad head gasket and finally cracked heads!!! I'd be real careful. Compression check may be a good idea.

SikMindz
08-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Just put plain water in till you get the leak fixed.

Werd/cosign/yes.

And when you refill be sure to bleed all the air pockets out unless you want to deal with it all over again.

slickjoe
08-25-2006, 08:09 AM
If it isn't cloudy then it is your water pump. Check your oil as well and make sure it doesn't have a milky color to it.