Body kits + rims question. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Body kits + rims question.

mad
08-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post :)

I just got my first "real" car and it's a black 1999 Grand Am GT 4 doors. I love it :)
I was looking at pictures of Grand Ams on this website and noticed a lot of people have the same body kit, the one seen on this picture: http://www.gaownersclub.com/gallery/albums/albany%202006/normal_IMG_4136.JPG

I find this body kit really beautiful and clean.. I'm talking about the front, rear and sides.. do you guys know what the name of this kit is? Where I can find more info about it? Is it really hard to install? For those who have one, who installed it?

I also have another question regarding the wheels.. I wanted to know if 17" or 18" rims/mags would fit on this car? Also, if you have some suggestions on what would look good on a black GT? I wanted black rims but I think it wouldnt look very good. I also dont know a lot of models.. this being my first real car ( I had my dad's older cars before getting this baby)

Thanks a lot everyone, this site is awesome :)

Shad0wguy
08-27-2006, 03:42 PM
The "Kit" is called an SC/T kit. You can buy it from pfyc.com. I can't vouch for the difficulty though.

For the wheeld, both 17 and 18's would fit. What I really like are black rims with the polished lip, it would look sweet on a black GA.

Phuxed
08-27-2006, 03:44 PM
SC/T kit. its on pfyc.com. It has a VERY clean look. As of right now I'm planning on getting it next spring.

EDIT: oops. got beat to it lol

mad
08-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Thanks guys :)
Any rims recommandations?

badboy2451
08-27-2006, 04:08 PM
if you are goin to get rims, make sure they are atleast 18's...as for a specific kind of rim, its really just personal choice

99GTCoupe
08-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah, SC/T kits are totally FTW! I want that for my baby (black GA's are teh sweetness) too, but don't have the funds for it :P They should lower the price by half lol Anyways, here's what I am looking into (in no real order):
1) 20% tint all around
2) SC/T bodykit, plus hood and spoiler
3) black 18s with some good all-around tires

Seriously, get some nice tint and 18s, black preferrably. You won't regret it. Every black GA I see with those mods above are teh own. I'll also be looking inot a custom paint job afterwards, but that's another story :)

gaowners32
08-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post :)

I just got my first "real" car and it's a black 1999 Grand Am GT 4 doors. I love it :)
I was looking at pictures of Grand Ams on this website and noticed a lot of people have the same body kit, the one seen on this picture: http://www.gaownersclub.com/gallery/albums/albany%202006/normal_IMG_4136.JPG

I find this body kit really beautiful and clean.. I'm talking about the front, rear and sides.. do you guys know what the name of this kit is? Where I can find more info about it? Is it really hard to install? For those who have one, who installed it?

I also have another question regarding the wheels.. I wanted to know if 17" or 18" rims/mags would fit on this car? Also, if you have some suggestions on what would look good on a black GT? I wanted black rims but I think it wouldnt look very good. I also dont know a lot of models.. this being my first real car ( I had my dad's older cars before getting this baby)

Thanks a lot everyone, this site is awesome :)

Thats my boy jays car

Its totally sweet

mad
08-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Yeah, SC/T kits are totally FTW! I want that for my baby (black GA's are teh sweetness) too, but don't have the funds for it :P They should lower the price by half lol Anyways, here's what I am looking into (in no real order):
1) 20% tint all around

Seriously, get some nice tint and 18s, black preferrably. You won't regret it. Every black GA I see with those mods above are teh own. I'll also be looking inot a custom paint job afterwards, but that's another story :)

When I bought the car, the windows were already tinted!! Sweetness!! :) Now I'm looking at getting new rims for the time being.. and maybe I'll add the bodykit when I can ($).. I'm thinking this would cost around 1000$ for the bodykit + another 1000$ for installation and painting? (Canadian funds) Is this a good estimation?
I need some recommandations for rims that would look good on the car.. anyone knows particular models? I'm really a newbie concerning rims models..
Also, anyone knows the name of the rims shown on the pic in my first post?
Thanks everyone :)

LoboMan7409
08-27-2006, 05:22 PM
When I bought the car, the windows were already tinted!! Sweetness!! :) Now I'm looking at getting new rims for the time being.. and maybe I'll add the bodykit when I can ($).. I'm thinking this would cost around 1000$ for the bodykit + another 1000$ for installation and painting? (Canadian funds) Is this a good estimation?
I need some recommandations for rims that would look good on the car.. anyone knows particular models? I'm really a newbie concerning rims models..
Also, anyone knows the name of the rims shown on the pic in my first post?
Thanks everyone :)

For rims go to www.wheelmax.com. They have tire/rim packages that are a good deal

GrandAmGT1996
08-27-2006, 05:45 PM
1) 20% tint all around
4) Lowering Springs!!

Grand_Damn
08-30-2006, 07:03 AM
the SC/T kit is $550 plus shipping (about $150)...the SC/T Hood is $700 plus shipping (About $150)...the SC/T spoiler you can get on ebay from a seller named SCHRAMS, its about $80-100 plus shipping ($20).