Sunroof skipping sliding back??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof skipping sliding back???

01redgt1
08-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Hey guys well i have a 2001 GAGT with 95,000 miles. And well i noticed that when i open my sunroof it skips like it goes off track. Does anyone know what the problem is or what could be causing it.

LoboMan7409
08-29-2006, 09:19 PM
does it like bounce. Well mine does that just not all the time only when I hit a bump when its opening or something

Mirage85
08-30-2006, 08:00 AM
Hey guys well i have a 2001 GAGT with 95,000 miles. And well i noticed that when i open my sunroof it skips like it goes off track. Does anyone know what the problem is or what could be causing it.

Mine does it 2, and its a brand new 05. I had them look at it when I got it inspected like 3 weeks ago and they lubed the tracking. It helped some, but it still does it.

I did notice that when its parked in a garage or in the shade, it doesnt do it, but if its really hot out, or in the sun, it is more likely to do it. So I think the heat is causing something to expand and distort. Im going to have them look at it again when I get the time to stop in.... lots of warrenty left, but dont want to keep putting it off.

Exodus
08-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Same here. Mine's a 2000 w/ 50xxx miles. It stops/jerks as it opens. Also rattles on bumps.
Kinda curious if the hard top convertible G6's will eventually get stuck as the open/close.

AznGA
08-30-2006, 04:04 PM
My sunroof jerks when it is opening. I luded the tracks but it didn't help much. It also shakes on bumps as well. But I know that I use the sunroof way too much.