Venture Engine into grand am [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Venture Engine into grand am

resevil83
08-29-2006, 08:46 PM
my mechanic is going to take a chevy venture engine and put in in my grand am. He said it is exactly the same. Will this work?!

Phuxed
08-29-2006, 10:05 PM
I guess you're about to find out!

OT: I love this post because it's ridiculously simple and clean. No backstory, no paragraph explaining why, just the question. Maybe I'm crazy but that just amused me.:taz:

Grreen99GT
08-29-2006, 10:11 PM
^^^ i thought exactly the same thing, hahaha

Mike Jung
08-30-2006, 04:45 AM
CAI through 2 feet of water (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62768)

1coop44
08-30-2006, 06:11 AM
:applause: :applause: Forgot about him trying to use his GA as a pontoon boat. LOL

coupe
08-30-2006, 06:54 AM
Simple and clean answer for a simple and clean question:
YES.

resevil83
09-08-2006, 11:38 AM
woot! oh and btw! my car will have 10 more horse and 5 more torque. This engine was used in a van and is said to be more powerful on the tech page on edmunds.com

Anyone know the reasoning for that? Did gm port the upper intake and lower intake or something?!

And yes, I used my car as a pontoon boat, so shoot me.

Last question, I tried this in the parts section but no one responeded.

I am looking for the black plastic piece that goes underneath the car. It is held in by two wing nuts. It covers the oil filter area and starter area. This fell off my car and I need the two wing bolts also, really the plastic piece would be great.

brim
09-12-2006, 08:48 AM
woot! oh and btw! my car will have 10 more horse and 5 more torque. This engine was used in a van and is said to be more powerful on the tech page on edmunds.com

Anyone know the reasoning for that? Did gm port the upper intake and lower intake or something?!

And yes, I used my car as a pontoon boat, so shoot me.

Last question, I tried this in the parts section but no one responeded.

I am looking for the black plastic piece that goes underneath the car. It is held in by two wing nuts. It covers the oil filter area and starter area. This fell off my car and I need the two wing bolts also, really the plastic piece would be great.

it's a dealer part, or at least a gm part only. I'd check a junkyard, it's basically all just exterior trim. I'm assuming you mean the one that also holds into 2 flat notches in the rest of the trim.

El_Diablo
09-12-2006, 10:09 AM
your not gonna get that power... it was in the PCM unless you have an older GA (pre 2000) and the engine is coming out of a newer venture

GrandAmGT1996
09-12-2006, 09:16 PM
The extra 10/5 is all in the way it is programmed IIRC. Thats what my mechanic did in his '89 cavalier...he got the venture motor, but he also has a rear-mount turbo.:)