Does anyone know what the Chime Codes mean??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what the Chime Codes mean???

STRMurphy
08-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Ive had many small problems with my GA (99 SE), and just recently all sorts of funky things have started happening. Today is the strangest, and I couldnt find any info by searching for old threads, so I had to post a new one.
Got home, and shut the car off. The doors didnt automatically unlock, and it started chiming at me. I realized it had to be a code, because it chimed once, then went off for a few moments, then chimed three times, again off for a few moments, then chimed 4 times. Then it repeats the cycle. I cant find any onformation about this, has anyone else had this problem?

juanvan
08-31-2006, 12:47 PM
When I hit my locks they chim for some reason. I just hit them again and they lock though...

Mirage85
08-31-2006, 12:54 PM
When I hit my locks they chim for some reason. I just hit them again and they lock though...

You hit them once, and its a timed lock, it will lock ~7 seconds later. This gives you time to walk around and help you child out of the car, or grab a bag of groceries.

You will know it locks because the horn will sound just like when pressing the lock on your key fob.

As for the original question, never heard of that.

badboy2451
08-31-2006, 01:02 PM
You hit them once, and its a timed lock, it will lock ~7 seconds later. This gives you time to walk around and help you child out of the car, or grab a bag of groceries.

You will know it locks because the horn will sound just like when pressing the lock on your key fob.

As for the original question, never heard of that.

mine wont lock unless i press it twice..maybe mines just messed up *shrugs*

Mirage85
08-31-2006, 01:06 PM

Im pretty sure you can change the setting to different time lengths, or to not work the way I described. I will have to look in the book tonight of I get a chance.

Slim
08-31-2006, 01:15 PM
You hit them once, and its a timed lock, it will lock ~7 seconds later.

Slight addition... It'll lock 7 seconds after the last door is closed.

Y2KGA
08-31-2006, 02:26 PM

Your car is fine. Hit the lock once and it will chime then lock in seven seconds. Hit the lock button again and it will lock immediately.

The lock doors won't lock if the key is in the ignition. You can override it by holding down the lock button for a few seconds.

badboy2451
08-31-2006, 02:39 PM
Your car is fine. Hit the lock once and it will chime then lock in seven seconds. Hit the lock button again and it will lock immediately.

The lock doors won't lock if the key is in the ignition. You can override it by holding down the lock button for a few seconds.

no, i have tried seeing if it worked before and it doesn't...go figure

Phuxed
08-31-2006, 04:20 PM
I always thought those chimes were supposed to mean somethin like "Hey, you're locking from the inside...don't lock your keys in here dumbass." lol

juanvan
09-01-2006, 06:14 AM
I always thought those chimes were supposed to mean somethin like "Hey, you're locking from the inside...don't lock your keys in here dumbass." lol

I thought it was the reminder bell to make sure you had the keys! lol