Anti theft system [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Anti theft system

mad
08-31-2006, 09:32 PM
Hello,
I have a quick question. I have a 1999 GAGT and it comes stock with an anti theft system. I think the remote I have is not the original one, but it doesnt matter in this situation. I have to press the disarm/unlock doors button on the remote to be able to start the engine.. I was wondering if theres a way to star the car without the remote? What if I lose the remote or it breaks? I thought that by putting the key in the door it would disarm the system, but it doesnt. Anyone knows about this?

Also, my remote opens the trunk, but there no button for the trunk. It is a combination of buttons I'm pretty sure, but I dont know which ones, because my last remote of my last car had a trunk button, but not this one. It has lock, unlock, start, and option (which locks the doors if they are unlocked, and unlocks if they are locked.. stupid). Maybe some of you have used this remote and know what buttons to press? Edit: the remote also has a red panic button

Mike Jung
08-31-2006, 09:34 PM
Sorry, but this is not "stock".

Valet Mode (?)

mad
08-31-2006, 09:38 PM
Sorry, but this is not "stock".

Valet Mode (?)

Hey Mike Jung,
Maybe I am not using the correct word by using anti-theft system (english is my 3rd language), but basically, I can't start the engine if the system is not disarmed first. Maybe the word is anti-start system? Any way, I thought this comes with the stock GAGT because on my insurance company's site, it says so on the security page...
But even if it is not stock, maybe someone can answer one of my two questions?

Thanks guys

Grand Am Gurl
09-01-2006, 01:06 AM
Not sure if it's stock but got it on my 02 Gt.But that's what I assume it's stock not sure.Security disables fuel pick up without proper clearance from ignition

mad
09-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Anyone can answer my questions?