[Rev Limiter / Intake Leak / Passlock] - PROBLEMS [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : [Rev Limiter / Intake Leak / Passlock] - PROBLEMS

stanleroy
09-07-2006, 06:13 PM
OK,

I have owned my 2001 GT for like a while now. 92,000 miles. Yea its got the Passlock security bullcrap where it wont start, the leaky lower intake gasket, and now of all things to go wrong, the car will not rev past 4k rpms.

Passlock - When it fails I just reset the security because it doesnít happen but like once a month. Although lately its been occurring more than once a month.

Lower Intake Gasket - Just had it replaced by a local shop. $750.oo Shop is known for good work, not that they cant screw something up just like anyone else. Were all human.

Rev Limiting at 4k rpm [from idle] - This started after the intake gasket was replaced and I donít even know where to begin. The only strange thing I have noticed lately is that the car is making a knocking noise at the bottom of the idle. It doesnít sound like a rod knock, I have heard them before. I dunno, I could be wrong though too.

ANY IDEAS would be greatly appreciated.

stanleroy
09-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Never mind - Just read some post about the park/nuetral rev limited to 4k rpm. Sorry please delete thread.