Fuel Pressure regulator on 2000 SE [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure regulator on 2000 SE

cheetoh
09-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Has anyone change the Fuel Pressure regulator on a 2000 SE with the 2.4 engine?? Can You tell Me how to do it??

jlenko
09-10-2006, 11:16 PM
I've done the 2.4L a couple of times. Take out the fuel pump relay and run the car til it dies, to relieve the fuel pressure. There's a couple of bolts on the bottom of the fuel rail that attach it to the intake cam. Take those out, then brush away any dirt on the head by the injectors.... pull the rail & injectors out of the head, careful as you don't want to knock stuff into the intake or damage the injector faces..

There's a torx (25?) bolt on the clip that holds the FPR to the rail.

Make sure you replace ALL the O-rings on the FPR... I think the new FPR from GM comes with one of the needed o-rings in the box... get the other one too, cuz it WILL leak if you don't replace them all.

cheetoh
09-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Where is the Fuel Pump relay located??

GA SE/T
09-14-2006, 02:32 AM
Fuel pump relay is under the hood in fuse box next to the brake booster/brake fluid container, can't miss it. For exact location, refer to your owners manual. Also another tip is to place rags under the area you are working. You WILL get gas everywhere if you are not carefull. I have done this before and I was able to replace the FPR without removing the supply line, but you will have to remove the return line from the fuel rail. Have any other questions, just ask. :cool: