Combination of repair results and adios [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Combination of repair results and adios

MBLAX32
09-12-2006, 01:01 PM
So, finally got the famous ABS/SVS/Trac problem fixed....... impossibly annoyingly ridiculous explanation on this one..

After replacing the "left rear wheel hub" as the sensors and computers told us to do, my mechanic said the damn lights were still on. Massively confused at this point because still wheel speed is reading zero.

Long story short... the wiring from the rear abs/trac sensors had frayed completely and burnt out along the driver's side door sill and thus the entire system was screwed, also in turn blowing the ABS relay and causing all sorts of fun..

Anyways, 3 days later I have my GA back and i am sad to say I will be saying goodbye to it within the week. I absolutely love it and hate to see it go but unfortunately I think I just got a bad egg on this one..

You guys have done some great work on your cars and I have to say I'll miss the forums and my baby ;crap

Take care and good luck w/everything guys

coupe
09-12-2006, 01:05 PM
If this is the only bad lukc youve had with it dont think that any other vehicle will be better, they all have problems, big and small. Your just gonna trade one headache for another.

MBLAX32
09-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Hey coupe,

I totally understand what you mean, but I'll list the years I've gone through in only the past 8 months:
-New Starter
-Tranny overhaul
-2 front hubs, 1 rear hub
-Air Pump/Secondary Emissions system malfunction
-Fuel Pump/filter
-Water Pump
-ABS wiring
-more I can't list offhand.

All in all I've put somewhere around $3k of repair work in over 8 months, and I can't justify continually putting more money into it because it is A) a 2000 vehicle and B) has 70k miles.. And I've been informed by my mechanic (good family friend, no question about being screwed around or anything) that there will be more work in the near future

I realize that all automobiles require service at these times but with most of the "main" parts going bad at this point, I can't begin to imagine what the next 10-15k miles will bring..

With that being said, I do have to say Coupe that you've got one of the nicest looking GA's I've ever seen, keep up the solid work man

coupe
09-13-2006, 05:13 AM
Tranny over hual and fuel pump are for sure wallet killers lol

I would wanna sell to after all that in 8 months. I havent had all that in 5 years.

Thanks for the compliments!!