Low tire preasure light? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Low tire preasure light?

ho bag
09-13-2006, 01:44 PM
I just purchased a 99GA and i noticed that the low tire preasure light is on. Checked the preasure and there fine. How do i reset the light?

Also is there a way to disable the light without pulling the cluster and the bulb?

badboy2451
09-13-2006, 02:12 PM
you need to open the drivers side fuse panel and while the key is in the on position, press the red "reset" button until the tire pressure light blinks, then you hold the button in until you hear chiming which tells you that the light has been reset

as for disabling the light, i wouldn't worry about it bc it rarely goes off..and when it does, its usually helpful bc your low on ur psi

pyro
09-13-2006, 02:15 PM
no way to disable the light w/o removing the cluster, and as stated before dont do it. whats with the user name?

CaptRon
09-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Did you have to add air? If so, I remember it taking awhile before it would shut off by itself.

ho bag
09-14-2006, 05:15 PM
no way to disable the light w/o removing the cluster, and as stated before dont do it. whats with the user name?

Its a name a earned at a young age....dont ask :)

I checked the air and its fine. 40 psi on all 4 tires. Keeps comming back up after a while though.

I think this runs on the abs sensors right? Maybe i got a bad sensor that hasnt set off the abs codes yet or something.

Mike Jung
09-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Did you have to add air? If so, I remember it taking awhile before it would shut off by itself.
:nono: :wtf You don't even have a '99 GA.

refer to: check tire press light on (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60914)

ho bag
09-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Ok so if it does it again i pull the bulb, Problem solved :)

badboy2451
09-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Its a name a earned at a young age....dont ask :)

I checked the air and its fine. 40 psi on all 4 tires. Keeps comming back up after a while though.

I think this runs on the abs sensors right? Maybe i got a bad sensor that hasnt set off the abs codes yet or something.

the light will go off if the air in the tires is too high also..and 40 psi is high enough to set it off, especially when the tires warm up. set your psi around 34-35 and see what happens, you shouldn't have any problems after that

LoboMan7409
09-17-2006, 10:55 PM
I didnt even think those lights worked

ho bag
09-18-2006, 08:11 AM
the light will go off if the air in the tires is too high also..and 40 psi is high enough to set it off, especially when the tires warm up. set your psi around 34-35 and see what happens, you shouldn't have any problems after that
Acutally high preasure will not set it off. I took it to my buddy (gm tech for a living) and he tried to reset it as well, didnt work the first time so we did it again and it worked.

I guess the light has nothing to do with checking the preasure, just the difference in rotation of the tires. So long as all tires are the same preasure it doesnt matter what the preasure is.

If it goes off again im pulling the bulb out. No need of it as i check my tires often like i should.

Exodus
09-18-2006, 08:51 AM
I didnt even think those lights worked

I think certain model years GM stopped the connection for the lights, b/c my cars tire pressure doesnt work and its a 2000, I guess its GMs way of reducing costs for them while selling the car for the same price, like the dual post painted mirrors to the single post unpainted ones, grrr.

coupe
09-18-2006, 10:45 AM
:nono: :wtf You don't even have a '99 GA.

refer to: check tire press light on (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60914)

CaptRon is just a wealth of information, you should see the e-mails he has sent me :nono:

The light does NOT shut itself off.

williamGT
09-18-2006, 11:57 AM
I think certain model years GM stopped the connection for the lights, b/c my cars tire pressure doesnt work and its a 2000, I guess its GMs way of reducing costs for them while selling the car for the same price, like the dual post painted mirrors to the single post unpainted ones, grrr.
Thats true. I have a 2002.5 GAGT i had a flat tire one day and the light wasn't even on. and single black post mirrors.