slow to start [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : slow to start

zhd1000
09-14-2006, 10:25 PM
basically the problem is that when i go to start the car it "tries" to start and then does turn over.. i haven't had it not start yet but it acts like either the battery is going out or the starter doesn't want to work.. sometimes it's worse than other times and occasionally it'll start right up.. runs fine when it does start so i don't think the alternator is bad or any other part of the charging system.. i'm hoping it's just the battery, would some test at autozone help me out? any ideas anyone?

lone_wolf025
09-14-2006, 10:31 PM
If you have a Sears nearby I believe they do free battery tests. If you have a DVOM you can check the voltage yourself across the battery terminals, but a battery test would be the way to go. Dunno about autozone though...

runasoft
09-14-2006, 11:23 PM
my 2004 Grand AM V6 does the exact same thing... I have the original AC Delco battery in there and it's in great condition but I think it may be weak... i'm going to replace it soon.. i'll let you know what happens but if you happen to fix the problem before i do, please post here the fix..

- Rudy