Speedometer problems ONLY at night [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer problems ONLY at night

lironet
09-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Can anyone explain to me why my speedometer does not function properly when my headlights are on?

Last week I was driving around the city at 10:00 pm when I suddenly noticed that my speedometer was not functioning properly. For example, if I would come to a complete stop the speedometer would only stop at the 10-15 kilometer mark. When I would start to accelerate the speedometer would not move and then it would suddenly jump to the 60-kilometer mark. This happened to me again last night, but I noticed that it has NEVER occured during the day. I finally tried driving the car during the day with the headlights on, and it happened again. The damn speedometer does not function properly when the headlights are on.

What could be causing this?

Sprucegagt
09-21-2006, 02:31 PM
My first thought would be a bad ground or wire connection. Either way it would be difficult to locate.

GTLUVA
09-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Can anyone explain to me why my speedometer does not function properly when my headlights are on?

Last week I was driving around the city at 10:00 pm when I suddenly noticed that my speedometer was not functioning properly. For example, if I would come to a complete stop the speedometer would only stop at the 10-15 kilometer mark. When I would start to accelerate the speedometer would not move and then it would suddenly jump to the 60-kilometer mark. This happened to me again last night, but I noticed that it has NEVER occured during the day. I finally tried driving the car during the day with the headlights on, and it happened again. The damn speedometer does not function properly when the headlights are on.

What could be causing this?

That's why I traded in my 03 GT at 25,000 miles ha! It was doing the same thing the night I traded it in. I thought it was because of my white N&R speedo gauge but I had those dealer installed! It would really make me mad though because I had in several times at the dealership but they could never diagnose anything because you had to drive 20 miles before the stupid thing would be acting up!

Ajaxus
09-21-2006, 03:57 PM
do you EVER leave?

GTLUVA
09-21-2006, 04:12 PM
do you EVER leave?

I will tomorrow when I have another job interview! Got a pick up a second job for the winter since it sucks!

1coop44
09-22-2006, 07:19 AM
Have your Alternator checked to make sure it's putting out the correct voltage. Also Have the battery checked. Somethings drawing to much current when your head lights are on.

Mike Jung
09-23-2006, 10:17 PM
do you EVER leave?
I will tomorrow ...blah,blah,blah...since it I sucks!
Do you promise ? lol
Because we heard this one before.

:attention ;attention

lone_wolf025
09-23-2006, 10:50 PM
I suppose I should ask why there are a number of members who say what they say to GTLUVA but I suspect there's a long and drawn out story to it and something tells me I really don't want to know...

lironet
09-26-2006, 07:34 AM
Well, I took my car to the dealership to get this checked out under warranty and they found the problem pretty quickly. They told me it was a module problem. They placed the order for my item and car should be ready later tonight.

GTLUVA
09-26-2006, 08:40 AM
I suppose I should ask why there are a number of members who say what they say to GTLUVA but I suspect there's a long and drawn out story to it and something tells me I really don't want to know...

I don't know either but yesterday I completed my test at college and I scored a 95 in Reading! Everybody thinks I'm soo stupid but I'm starting my medical degree in January;crap

GTLUVA
09-26-2006, 08:41 AM
Well, I took my car to the dealership to get this checked out under warranty and they found the problem pretty quickly. They told me it was a module problem. They placed the order for my item and car should be ready later tonight.

Damn I wish my dealer couldn't figured it for me too. I gave up at the end!

Mike Jung
09-26-2006, 11:08 AM
I don't know either but yesterday I completed my test at college and I scored a 95 in Reading! Everybody thinks I'm soo stupid but I'm starting my medical degree in January;crap
Now you are going to a post-graduate medical school, to get your M.D. :wtf
Don't you need your BA 1st ?
What's next ?

:rx7:

Oh, I forgot to wish you a good-bye leaving ;)

Ajaxus
09-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Jon: All of my warning points for flaming are due to her, do some research on my posts and you'll see just how bad her history is here. Let's not forget she keeps saying she'll leave, and doesn't.

Stacy: Last I checked you only had a two year degree, if that, at a Technical School. Sorry to tell you this but you need a 4-year degree, preferably in Biology, Chemistry, or a Pre-Med program. In addition to this, a reading test is not what gets you into Medical School. I too am throwing the BS flag on this one because none of what you've posted about your job situation or your education or your knowledge of medical degrees even adds up to anything understandable. When you're done trying to impress us with these stories, please make a point of leaving. I'm tired, Mike's tired, and I'm sure the Mods are tired by now of your stories and all of the incessant flaming that follows (and not just that from myself). Move on.

/end thread

GTLUVA
09-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Now you are going to a post-graduate medical school, to get your M.D. :wtf
Don't you need your BA 1st ?
What's next ?

:rx7:

Oh, I forgot to wish you a good-bye leaving ;)

Going back to tech for Medical Transcription for a year then I'm also getting into the associate degree for Nursing for two years! I'm going back to tech college!

Ajaxus
09-27-2006, 12:16 AM
ok, that is NOT THE SAME THING AS GETTING YOUR M.D.

NOW GTFO!

(how can you say you aren't as stupid as we think you are, then say that becoming a medical transcriptionist is the same thing as obtaining an MD?)

seriously, i can't get warning points for pointing out the obvious.

Sprucegagt
09-27-2006, 07:03 AM
seriously, i can't get warning points for pointing out the obvious.

True, but you certainly can get points for flaming and being off topic at the same time. Time for both of you to knock it off.