Gas door doesn't "snap" shut [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Gas door doesn't "snap" shut

lone_wolf025
09-23-2006, 12:56 AM
A few who've seen my car have heard me complain about this issue. The way the gas door should close is almost like its spring loaded (after a certain point it snaps back into place) My door doesn't do that and in order to get it to close flush I have to tap on it with my fist to get it to sit right. I'm planning on eventually getting a billet door setup to replace it but in the mean time does anyone know of a fix for this or at least a ghetto rig setup?

LoboMan7409
09-23-2006, 02:15 AM
Well I am not sure if I am correct but I think there is a little piece of metal that closes the tank, take a look at that and bend it back

KnightRider04
09-25-2006, 09:44 AM
I had the same problem on my '04 GT, I had to bend the arm so that when it shut it would sit flush and snap back somewhat normal. It solved the problem but it will never be completely back to normal

Don't do the Billet thing, waste of money

freakydeaky
09-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Don't do the Billet thing, waste of money

why do you say that?

I'm planning on eventually getting a billet door setup to replace it but in the mean time does anyone know of a fix for this or at least a ghetto rig setup?

I have my stock fuel door, it's galaxy silver in color, you can have it... you pay shipping

godenbrncs
09-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Actually i had this same problem since i owned my car. I asked for help on here a long time ago with no suggestions. One day I happened to be at my parents house and my dad, being the genius that he is, decided to try WD40 (since it is the solution to all). Well in this case it fixed it and the door snaps like a champ now. All he did was spray some inside on the hinge. Try it and your problem should be solved. If it isn't, then you're SOL in my opinion.