In the middle of LIM change: HELP please [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : In the middle of LIM change: HELP please

idahoeeboy
09-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Hi, changing my LIM gasket right now.

I think I broke the o-ring or something on the fuel pressure regulator. Can I get one of those at autozone, or is it a dealer only part?

Malaclypse
09-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Autozone will probably have generic O-rings. YOu might be able to find one that fits but theres no telling if its safe to use with gasoline or not.

idahoeeboy
09-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Grrrrr, I've got all my valve cover bolts off but the one by where the alternator was. The Haynes manual said to remove the alternator bracket, but the picture looks different than my car. My alternator bracket doesn't seem to me removeable. Also, I can't seem to get a socket or a wrench in there to get that last bolt. Any pointers?

Also, what's the secret to getting the coolant surge tank off. There's a bracket holding it on, I hate to force it too much.

Malaclypse
09-24-2006, 04:49 PM
To remove surge tank: Remove the 10mm bolt at the front of it. Get a large flat-head screwdriver and pry the metal slit in the body open enough to remove the surge tank.

You have to remove the alternator and bracket. Under the alternator there's one 15mm bolt. Then remove the belt tensioner, and two other 15mm bolts on the front of the engine.