Water leaking into passenger side from A/C [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Water leaking into passenger side from A/C

97PGAMGT
09-23-2006, 10:49 PM
ok here the situation i had an A/c guy come look at my car. OK it turns out that some plastic thing is cracked underneath my dashboard and thats where the water is comming from...Can anyone please advise me on this ill post up pics on it tommorow if it helps

lone_wolf025
09-24-2006, 09:01 AM
You get water from using the A/C right? If that's the case what happened was you have a cracked evaporator housing. Its supposed to catch all the water condensation from the evaporator and dump it out a drain underneath the car. Repair the housing and make sure the drain is clear.

timberwoof
09-24-2006, 12:36 PM
make sure to check the drain befor you do anything else to the car. you don't want to start spending money replacing parts when all the problem is a bug got in the drain and died causing it to clog. the drain is usually located on the firewall passenger side near the bottom. you know, the place where you usually see the puddle of water when the car is parked with the a/c on. if its not dripping like it usually is, then its probably clogged.

97PGAMGT
09-25-2006, 07:28 PM
HOw do you i find the hose and the evaporator exactly??....I looked in teh CHiltons manuel cant find anyone got any pics of where and how i can find it.??. LIke do I have toremove my dashboard??

slickjoe
09-25-2006, 09:56 PM
I honestly would'nt run the A/C until you get it fixed. Otherwise you are going to end up having a bad odor in your car.....

timberwoof
09-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Slick has a point, GAs seem to have a bad issue with getting mold and mildew in their carpet when wet. I take mine to the beach alot and have a prob with it and have to get it cleaned once a month.

97PGAMGT
09-26-2006, 09:29 AM
believe me i dontrun it but still i didnt get an aswer to my question