Oil leak [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak

bwwelk
09-25-2006, 07:58 PM
For some reason the oil pan on my car has been wet with something looks like oil but I cant figure out where it is comin from... Looks like up in between oil pan and trans but hard to really tell .... it is startin to even drip ,, ( not much but enough to notice on the pavement in our driveway) ,,, Its letin a little spot... Would you all have any Idea where it is comin from????? I don't undrstand why it would be leakin i baby my car ... I havn't even really spun the tires or any thing... Id appreciate any help on this ..... THanks

digitalballz
09-25-2006, 08:31 PM
what color fluid?? could be a pump seal in your tranny.

bwwelk
09-25-2006, 08:34 PM
its a amber lookin color like oil... when ya look at it from front of car it be on the right side of oil pan that its leakin..

lone_wolf025
09-25-2006, 10:46 PM
It sounds a lot like what I had. I'd have to look underneath my car again to get a better idea, but it could be oil from a bad rear main seal or the LIM going bad (assuming you haven't had it done yet).

Keep in mind these are guesses based upon what happened to me. I'd recommend cleaning it all off real thoroughly and then let it sit for the better part of a day and see what happens.

-Edit-
And watch your coolant level like a hawk!

coupe
09-26-2006, 05:56 AM
I have the same exact leak, i think alot of people do.

If the car sits for 24 hours (it leaves the garage once a week, this is just an example) there will be a quarter sized oil spot on the pavement.

Its been like this for years.

bwwelk
09-26-2006, 02:00 PM
At only 57.000 miles i don't like the idea of my car leakin oil .... Its weird Yest. there was a oil spot under the car and last night i drove it and come home and parked it and waited till this morning to see if it had dripped onto pavement and there was nothing at all ,, but as far as on the pan there is always a little on it...

LoboMan7409
09-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Yeah it may be the lower intake manifold gasket. I am uber pissed off right now because mine is leaking coolant and so I fixed it (two weeks of driving the GTO sucked) finally got it done and it is doing it again. Stupid GM!!!!

bwwelk
09-26-2006, 08:32 PM
How hard would it be to replace ,, ive never done this before ...???

coupe
09-27-2006, 05:13 AM
Yeah it may be the lower intake manifold gasket. I am uber pissed off right now because mine is leaking coolant and so I fixed it (two weeks of driving the GTO sucked) finally got it done and it is doing it again. Stupid GM!!!!

Please tell me you used the revised gasket.

The oil leak isnt from the LIM leaking.

LoboMan7409
09-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Please tell me you used the revised gasket.

The oil leak isnt from the LIM leaking.

Yeah that was my bad, I didnt mean the oil leak just ment leaking in general. What revised gasket, my pop just picked up the gaskets and did it.

LoboMan7409
09-27-2006, 07:32 PM
How hard would it be to replace ,, ive never done this before ...???

All I got to say is have fun.