Throttle Body plastic piece [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body plastic piece

idahoeeboy
09-28-2006, 03:27 PM
The other day I broke the little plastic knob off the plastic part of the throttle body that the cruise control cable attaches to :applause:

I tried epoxy, worked for a bit but then cruise died. Please tell me it's possible to buy the plastic cable holder without buying the whole TB???

Anyone know the part number for this...tried gm parts direct and could only find the TB number.

Edit: The plastic piece I'm refering to is the one with the spring on it, it has a groove for the throttle cable, and attaches to the throttle body.

idahoeeboy
10-04-2006, 03:29 PM
*bump*

mightypan42
10-04-2006, 03:39 PM
You're probably going to have to get a new throttle body in order to get the piece you need. Best bet might to be to go to a junkyard and get one so you don't have to pay GM's insane parts price. If the plastic piece can be easily removed, you may even be able to convince the guy at the junkyard to sell it to you for pocket change.

digitalballz
10-04-2006, 04:40 PM
^ werd!!

Malaclypse
10-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Are you talking about on the end of the cable or the throttle linkage itself?

If its on the end of the cable you'll have to buy a new cable.

If its on the throttle linkage at the TB you'll have to replace the throttle shaft w/ linkage or the entire throttle body. TBs are really easy to dissasemble so it wouldn't be a hard fix.

idahoeeboy
10-05-2006, 10:03 AM
The plastic piece on the end of the cruise control cable appears to be fine. There's a little plastic knob maybe to or three millimeters in diameter thats part of the molded plastic piece that the throttle cable snaps into. Turning the large plastic piece opens or closes the throttle.

From what it sounds like, I won't be able to buy this part seperately. Is there like a microfiche or anything for the car, like they have for motorcycles? That would be really convenient, then I would know for sure.

Vegeta
10-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Could you drill it, tap it, screw it, and epoxy it? Meh, probably easier to find another TB. car-part.com has them for about 25 bucks I think.