Noise Issue [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Noise Issue

slickjoe
10-01-2006, 09:13 PM
I have run into a noise issue with my gagt. The noise seems to be coming from behind the radio (or more). It is not an issue under the hood, as the noise is not heard when the car is running and sitting still. Probably after going 20-30 m.p.h. you can start to hear a rattling noise from behind the dash (sounds like between the back of the radio to the windshield. It is not loud enough that it can be heard with the radio on, but with the windows up and radio off, I can hear it. The noise does not go on continuously, as it goes for like 3-4 seconds then stops for 3-4 seconds and so on. Has anyone had this issue or know what the problem is?

slickjoe
10-01-2006, 09:46 PM
It's Definetely from the interior of the car, but sound is coming from under the dash. Any suggestions on what it might be, or does anyone who has had this problem know what it is? Any help at all would be great, thanks!

Malaclypse
10-02-2006, 12:00 AM
Sounds like a temp door actuator or possibly a recirculation door actuator. These acutators control the temperature and recirculation or fresh air. Determining which one is up to you to dig around your dash and find which one makes noise.

As long as the temp controls and recirc button work fine, don't worry about it

slickjoe
10-02-2006, 04:57 AM
Do you know exactly where it is under the dash? Any more suggestions?

slickjoe
10-02-2006, 04:58 AM
Any more suggestions?

slickjoe
10-04-2006, 08:48 AM
To be more specific, the rattling starts once i go over approximetely 40 m.p.h. Anyone else have any ideas?

slickjoe
10-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Ok, now along with the rattling noise, there is this noise that sounds similar to the noise a cricket makes. This, in my opinion, should be related to the rattling noise. Anyone have any ideas or know what it is?

slickjoe
10-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Ok, I just pulled out the Glove box and did a little test run, and the noise is louder. Therefore, something inside the dash is where this rattling noise is coming from. Does anyone have any ideas or know where and what this rattling noise is?

LoboMan7409
10-11-2006, 12:43 AM
just take the dash apart and check for anything weird