Brake Light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Brake Light

bluewolf65
10-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I am buying a 1999 Grand Am SE and the brake light is out. The guy I'm buying it from took it to a guy to have it fixed. he thought it just needed a bulb. The guy at the shop told him that it would have to be fixed through the steering column. A bad wire I guess? And he wouldn't or couldn't fix it because of the airbag. He said it needed to be taken to a dealer to get it fixed. So my questions is will this be expensive or does this guy even know what he is talking about? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Phuxed
10-05-2006, 09:43 PM
brake light through the steering column? I'm gonna throw the BS flag on this, but I don't know very much about the wiring. I know the light switch is on the column, but that section is easily removed...and as for interfering with the airbag, if you turn it off, or pull the fuse, whatever, i think the haynes manual even tells you how to remove the steering column. just my .02 I'd be curious as to hear what some of the other members have to say though.

tenspeed
10-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Do any of the brake lights work?