throttle body removal [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : throttle body removal

hodgson316
10-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Trying to clean my throttle body/change my thermostat and i cannot get the throttle body off. I thought I took off all of the bolts and nuts holding it on but that damn thing is still on there like the bolts were still on there, lol. Can someone tell me how to get it off??? Thanks again fellas

geldartb
10-14-2006, 08:10 PM
try tapping it with your hand. if it hasnt been takin off in awhile it could just be stuck.

ihatemygrandamg
10-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Theres 2 bolts holding it in. The lower one has a bracket coming off the coolant hardline with a nut in front of it. It might be easier to just bend or cut that bracket out of the way. Ive had my tb off soo many times it takes me about 2 minutes.

hodgson316
10-15-2006, 08:46 AM
thanks for the quick answers guys! ihatemygrandamg, do you still have your bracket? i'm probably going to just break mine off. Did you put a add a new gasket? and if so what kind? Thanks again

ihatemygrandamg
10-15-2006, 02:40 PM
No Im still using the same gasket, just be careful with it not to break it or anything. I just bent the bracket down so its out of the way. Another tip to make it easier to put the tb back o is to bypass the coolant lines going into it.

Sprucegagt
10-15-2006, 04:42 PM
There is an extra nut on the bottom stud holding the TB in. The extra nut is for holding the coolant line in place. You have to remove both to get the TB off.

hodgson316
10-16-2006, 09:20 PM
thanks all for the responses! well i got that sumbitch off got a new gasket(which took 2 days to get).... but its all good. issue resolved B)