Creaking Noise [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Creaking Noise

GAGT7386
10-15-2006, 08:47 AM
I have read a lot of posts about the creaking noise coming from the front end of the car; and mine was starting to make that noise so I figured it was time to replace the struts. I replaced the struts, the strut brackets looked like they were in good condition, so tightened everything back up and still get that creaking noise. It sounds as it is coming from the passenger side of the car, is there anything else that would cause that noise?

jackal2000
10-15-2006, 11:25 AM
does it happen while braking??

dan55678
10-16-2006, 08:29 AM
i had a problem with noise coming from what seemed like the wheels ever since i bought the car.. well after the second trip to the dealership, they said that the wheel bead? doesnt have enough lube and that i need new tires. I got tires that day and they lubed the wheel bead? (i dont even know what that is) and the noise went away, i dont know if that helps or not.

timberwoof
10-16-2006, 08:55 AM
Just out of pure randomness, here. I had a slight creaking noise and decided to have my wife drive while I sat in the back seat to check a random thought. I found that for some odd flippin reason, the passenger seat was coming loose and making a creaking when I hit bumps. I tightened them to the quality of an 18 yoa virgin and it stopped. Like I said just a random thought.

GAGT7386
10-16-2006, 03:17 PM
No it doesn't happen while braking, and I am pretty sure that it isn't my passenger side seat I'll check that though. As for the wheels they are only 7 months old some Toyo Proxies 4's so I can't imagine it would be that. I guess it is just another mystery of the good old GA.

pyro
10-16-2006, 03:28 PM
mine does the same thing...i fixed it by turning up the radio :heh:
IIRC its the actual mounts...never bothered to change mine out when i lowered it.

timberwoof
10-16-2006, 05:55 PM
My front right was creaking for about 2 months, and for some reason it just stopped. I have no idea what it was and right now don't really want to find out. For all I know the joints might be out and just waiting for that one big pot hole. Good luck. I've heard of some people changing out every thing on their front end, and come to find out it was a plastic molding piece. That or one of the bushings mount the body to the frame was going out. Be that as it may you'll probably spend more money than you want. But isn't that the case with any FIX IT problem?