How To - Transmission Flush [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : How To - Transmission Flush

HeyMelo27
10-16-2006, 03:30 PM
did a search and couldnt find anything related.

went to jiffy lube and they told me i had a sealed tranny so i couldnt flush the system with the machine.

im aware i can drop the pan and drain 4 quarts but i really want an entire flush.

do we really have sealed trannys in the V6? or could they just not find the lines?

LoboMan7409
10-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Bull **** take it to another Jiffy Lube and have them do it, or a firestone or something. I work there and a sealed trani just means there is no dip stick to check it. Take it some where else and have them do it.

HeyMelo27
10-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Bull **** take it to another Jiffy Lube and have them do it, or a firestone or something. I work there and a sealed trani just means there is no dip stick to check it. Take it some where else and have them do it.

thats what i figured. but if they question it...where can i tell them the lines are to hook up the machine. i looked myself and couldnt find them from under the hood.

digitalballz
10-17-2006, 06:46 PM
what morons!! letting a nice money job walk out the door!! lol They are there and it can be done.. OT: where is hudson Ma. ??

bwwelk
10-17-2006, 08:23 PM
While you guys are on this subject i just had my trans serviced and they used 7 quarts out of the 9 i bought and all they did was drop the pan and change filter , does 7 quarts sound correct or not to just drop the pan.. One reason why i had it serviced is because when i raced fri. night when trans shifted at WOT it hesitated in both 1to2 and 2to3 ... Under 5000 rpm it shifts totally fine its just when i hold it wide open.. Even after fluid is changed it still didnt change the way it shifts at WOT. do all ga gt shift like that ???

HeyMelo27
10-17-2006, 08:50 PM
what morons!! letting a nice money job walk out the door!! lol They are there and it can be done.. OT: where is hudson Ma. ??

i figured they are there. must be under the car somewhere. but hudson is off of 495 EXIT 25A. i see your from malden so if you make your way to the PIKE and follow it to 495N then its 3-4 exits north.

lone_wolf025
10-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Unless you're messing with the gas in the middle of a shift you shouldn't be having those problems. When you had the pan dropped was it just at some "quick lube" shop or an actual garage? Did you tell them you want the fluid changed because of the hesitation or vice versa? Also you say it only happens during high rpm shifts but you've never had any problems before this?

bwwelk
10-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Unless you're messing with the gas in the middle of a shift you shouldn't be having those problems. When you had the pan dropped was it just at some "quick lube" shop or an actual garage? Did you tell them you want the fluid changed because of the hesitation or vice versa? Also you say it only happens during high rpm shifts but you've never had any problems before this?

It was an actual garage and i just told them that i wanted trans serviced.. As far as it shifting like this it has done it since i got the car which was over a year ago..

jaketuff
10-19-2006, 09:40 PM
You can ghetto-ize it yo and do it in the driveway and just unplug the bolt in the front of tranny. The plug that is the pressure test port. It is on the right front of the tranny towards the bottom of the unit. You can unbolt the sucker, and only a teaspoon of Dexcron should come forth.

After that, connect a hose or some other collection apparatus to the port. Oh juss leave dat shizzy wide open to smack the street mofo. Turn the car on and run thru the shifter - each shift sprays out fluid thru the pressure test port at good psi. It will drain right quick.

Holla at your boy (if forgot to get replacement fluid) for the latest powah lube. Plug the test port with the 'bolt.' Refill thru the fill cap. Get in the car and roll yo whip on out g-signing to Money Grip if he helped yo ass out.

Saves $80 on the flush, and hey, at 120k I am all set with paying for that, and changing the filter (which is probably all good anyway even after 50-80k ona normally driven ride). I would advise to watch for the fluid spraying out, that sh1t is not very helpful to the environment and is a biatch to clean up.

OUT

HeyMelo27
10-19-2006, 10:09 PM
You can ghetto-ize it yo and do it in the driveway and just unplug the bolt in the front of tranny. The plug that is the pressure test port. It is on the right front of the tranny towards the bottom of the unit. You can unbolt the sucker, and only a teaspoon of Dexcron should come forth.

After that, connect a hose or some other collection apparatus to the port. Oh juss leave dat shizzy wide open to smack the street mofo. Turn the car on and run thru the shifter - each shift sprays out fluid thru the pressure test port at good psi. It will drain right quick.

Holla at your boy (if forgot to get replacement fluid) for the latest powah lube. Plug the test port with the 'bolt.' Refill thru the fill cap. Get in the car and roll yo whip on out g-signing to Money Grip if he helped yo ass out.

Saves $80 on the flush, and hey, at 120k I am all set with paying for that, and changing the filter (which is probably all good anyway even after 50-80k ona normally driven ride). I would advise to watch for the fluid spraying out, that sh1t is not very helpful to the environment and is a biatch to clean up.

OUT

yeah im all set with teh drain and fill. it only replaces like 4 quarts. i want to get the whole flush. "Money aint a thang" if you know what i mean. has anyone set up a powerflusher themselves? i jsut need to know where teh tranny lines are so i can tell them next time.

2000SE3400
10-19-2006, 10:21 PM
While you guys are on this subject i just had my trans serviced and they used 7 quarts out of the 9 i bought and all they did was drop the pan and change filter , does 7 quarts sound correct or not to just drop the pan.. One reason why i had it serviced is because when i raced fri. night when trans shifted at WOT it hesitated in both 1to2 and 2to3 ... Under 5000 rpm it shifts totally fine its just when i hold it wide open.. Even after fluid is changed it still didnt change the way it shifts at WOT. do all ga gt shift like that ???

I had my pan dropped and just the filter changed at a local trustworthy body shop...it took about 6.5 quarts to top off so 7 is probably pretty accurate.

jaketuff
10-19-2006, 11:49 PM
yeah im all set with teh drain and fill. it only replaces like 4 quarts. i want to get the whole flush. "Money aint a thang" if you know what i mean. has anyone set up a powerflusher themselves? i jsut need to know where teh tranny lines are so i can tell them next time.

Hmmm... not remembering this. The hoses run down front by the radiator (there is a tranny cooler built into the radiator, you'll see them).

OUT

dna_dan
10-20-2006, 04:07 PM

OUT

Now that has to be the most hilarious post I have read on this forum!!! ROFL :applause:

Ceejj
03-16-2007, 03:40 PM
how do you drain all you trans fluid, replace the filter and refill???

also what trans fluid is best?

The_Wraith
03-21-2007, 12:35 PM
how do you drain all you trans fluid, replace the filter and refill???

also what trans fluid is best?

When I did mine last year on my '04 I used Mobil 1 ATF