Kluber fluid [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Kluber fluid

Quaf069
10-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Hey all.

I've been having the creaky brakes (on the passanger side). Such an annoying sound...sounds lik plastic creaking. Anyways, i've been reading posts on here about the Kluber fluid. I got a bottle and put it on. However, I still hear the noise.

Here are my questions.

1. To make sure I got the rigth stuff....does it come in a small bottle (Nasal Spray) and the stuff is red?

2. Does it take any time for it to take effect.

3. I'm not 100% sure where to put the fluid. I rubbed it on the back of both pads and where they make contact on the caliper. However, I'm not sure where else to put it. I tried to put it on the "rubber part" (yellow arrow in the picture attached)

any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

tenspeed
10-19-2006, 06:45 PM
From what I have read, it goes under the rubber seal. It lubricates the caliper piston.

NorKoastal
10-20-2006, 12:11 AM
From what I have read, it goes under the rubber seal. It lubricates the caliper piston.

Winnah!! Where the caliper pushes out there is rubber a seal keeping grime out... Sneak the Kluber fluid underneath the seal and lube the whole circumfrence of the caliper.

freeze12
10-20-2006, 10:37 AM
GM brake fix: Brake noise/creak during slow speed braking ( Lubricate Brake Caliper) TSB #04-05-23-004

Condition:Some customers may comment on a creak type noise occuring when applying the brakes.It is usually heard only during slow speed brake maneauvers. If this condition exists, it should be able to be duplicated when the vehicle is not moving by depressing the brake and listening for the noise from the wheel/caliper area.

Cause:This condition may be caused by a caliper piston to seal interface issue during brake apply.If the caliper is removed and the piston is pushed back,the noise maybe eliminated. This is usually only a temporary fix.

Correction: Do not replace the caliper.

Go to the dealer & buy 2 kits (lubricant) Part #89022161 about $5.49 per
and use it to lubricate the Caliper seal at the Caliper piston.

This stops the noise & braking will be better and yes,the noise goes away right after application.

dna_dan
10-20-2006, 02:58 PM
I just went to a local parts store and bought some lubricant that is used for assembling calipers and seating the piston. I already did the kluber fluid once before and it got me about 18 months of no creaking, but eventually it returned on the same calipers. I figure you have two options to solve this issue on your own:

1) Buy a lifetime warranty caliper and when it starts making noise, take it back and get a replacement.

OR

2) Find something OTHER than the GM Kluber rip off because that stuff is expensive. It won't SOLVE the problem. It's a temporary fix.

I have resigned to the fact that I will just have to service my calipers annually, so I bought a jug of brake assembly fluid. It's less viscous than the kluber fluid, but I can squeeze in a better shot than what you get in those silly packets.