Need a little wiring help... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need a little wiring help...

cavingman
10-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Can anyone think of a wire that is ignition on constant hot? Needs to be switched, but not interrupted while cranking.
Installing a boost gauge and it auto-zero's itself, makes for a pain in the balls :\

notsoaveragej0e
10-19-2006, 05:54 PM
If you have a sunroof, it is on with ignition, but that only applies to GA's...so I dont know why I am posting this...

Sprucegagt
10-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Pretty much all the pink wires on the drivers side fuse block. Power to the PCM does the same thing.

cavingman
10-19-2006, 06:29 PM
If you have a sunroof, it is on with ignition, but that only applies to GA's...so I dont know why I am posting this...

Nope, it gets interrupted during cranking. hence my problem :\
You can post any you find, 99% of the wires are the same, just diff colors and routed differently to diff spots. Just need ideas of things that dont interrupt.

Pretty much all the pink wires on the drivers side fuse block. Power to the PCM does the same thing.

Does it interrupt during crank? I got a ****load of switched +12 in the fuse block in my redline but all of them turn off while the car cranks :[

Sprucegagt
10-19-2006, 07:10 PM
They are hot from ACC to ignition to start. Only time they are off is when the switch is off. It's where I have power to my gauges hooked too.

EDIT: Checked my chilton's manual schematics and I was wrong. It's the purple wires. Pink is hot only in ignition and start.

Malaclypse
10-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Tap into power from the PCM, BCM, or the cluster. Those're really the only two viable options you have.

The two fuses specifically are the PCM ACC fuse and the IPC/BFC ACC fuse in the driver's side IP fuse block. I'm guessing those two are just part of Power Mode switching so it should just be a 12v signal to keep those modules in an Off-awake state.

cavingman
10-19-2006, 07:27 PM
does it say what they power? because im doing this on an ion redline and im hoping it's atleast similar to point me in the right way :]

seth reminded me about pcm-acc fuses in the GA, just looked and i dont have one, atleast not by the same name.
lemme go check on ipc/bfc

edit: no go on ipc/fc acc either. car doesnt have many fuses compared with the GA.

HamiltonAudio
10-19-2006, 07:31 PM
if this is a newer grand am, it'll have a white wire in the larger ignition harness that might stay on during crank (its the second ign wire). Pink is regular ignition, and brown is the accessory wire. The other one to test is the orange (heater/blower) wire - does the fan stay on during crank?

If you can't find something easy, wire up a latching relay arrangement that latches on with any of the ignition leads. Get creative for unlatching (like doorpin signal or something)....

bmoney