Help! Front tire grinding. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help! Front tire grinding.

grandamracer84
10-23-2006, 09:48 PM
For awhile I've been having this pretty wicked grinding noise from the front tires when under braking and low-speed turning, like when pulling into parking spaces or in parking garages. Usually never happens when off the brakes and turning or during high speed turning, but always when braking and turning under 10mph. Even sometimes hard (emergency) braking in a straight line causes the noise and vibrations, but everyday braking is fine, so I doubt it's brake-related. Anyway, I finally can't take it anymore!

My car has been lowered on H&R springs and the stock struts for about 30k miles now (I know, BAD). This problem started over a year ago and has been getting progressively worse. Does this sound like it could be related to the struts, or something else in the suspension like a bearing problem?

5-lO
10-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Could be your pads, they can make noises at random times. Could also be a bad wheel bearing, although that usually "sings" at higher speeds. Possible inboard CV joint.

Lastly, and call me crazy, check that all the bolts on the air damn fairing are in place, if this piece isnt tightened it can come lose and make a pretty wicked noise.

GTplaya02
10-24-2006, 12:38 AM
Ive had that noise once, and beleive it or not i took the tire off one day to fix the plastic under peice(thought it was that)....And i took the tire off..and 3/5 Nuts broke inside the rotor..I only had 2 bolts on the wheel, my wheel was smacking against the hub bearing...Oh man, Scary ****..I would be going 85 on the freeway, and I could hear the noise over my system...I guess i cross threaded by using my air tools to start it off..bad idea..