Regular vehicle maintenance intervals [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Regular vehicle maintenance intervals

99GTCoupe
10-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey all, sorry if this has been asked before, but I tried searching and couldn't find anything that looked quite right. I was just wondering if anyone had a list they could post on when you are supposed to do all the routine car maintenance.

Again, sorry if I am :horse:

LoboMan7409
10-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Hey all, sorry if this has been asked before, but I tried searching and couldn't find anything that looked quite right. I was just wondering if anyone had a list they could post on when you are supposed to do all the routine car maintenance.

Again, sorry if I am :horse:

Okay basic mantinence intervals as said by GM
-oil change-3,000 miles
-transmission flush-50,000 miles
-radiator flush-150,000 miles
-fuel filter-30,000 miles

What I do
-Oil change-2,500 miles with MOBIL synthetic
-Trani flush-30,000 miles
and I flushed that dex-a-crap out the day I bought the car and I flush it out every 30,000 miles

99GTCoupe
10-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Thanks. I also was referring to the maintence of everything. Such as tire rotations, belts/hoses (course if they are bad, do it anyways), air filter (though I have a K&N so it's different), fuel filter, etc

I used to have that full list, but lost it ><

LoboMan7409
10-24-2006, 10:13 PM
oh ok well a lot of that depends on how you drive and where you live. I live in New Mexico where it is super dusty so I clean my CAI every other oil change but K and N says that their filters dont need to be cleaned for like 25,000 miles or something. I did list the fuel filter in my previous list like 30,000 miles, I just do mine once a year. Belts and hoses I would just say when they look bad because you can visually see those

99GTCoupe
10-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah, belts/hoses are a given like that :) And sorry, I didn't even see the fuel filter in that list lol