HELP, Gas Cap, Service Engine Soon... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HELP, Gas Cap, Service Engine Soon...

badinstincts
10-25-2006, 02:34 PM
I have a feeling that my gas cap is giving me problems. My service engine light comes up once in a while and I know that it can be the gas cap that could be malfunctioning. Is there a new part number for it on gmpartsdirect.com because It will not let me order it. I have a 1999 Grand Am GT sedan...

Please help me out here, it would be great if there was a sticky with a way to get new part numbers, I know that for 2003 they changed the part numbers, but I cant find a gas cap in the 2003 section...

Molson
10-25-2006, 02:40 PM
go to the local parts store, or dealership and grap a gascap.

LoboMan7409
10-25-2006, 03:20 PM
yeah just snag one from autozone, they are like 12 bucks or something. Are you sure that it is the gas cap?

badinstincts
10-26-2006, 10:00 PM
doesn't ours have a chip or sensor or something in it? Thats why it lights up the Service Engine Soon light if its not in tight. I would much rather get the OEM part. So I would really like the new part number. Thx,

pyro
10-26-2006, 10:10 PM
are you that lazy that you cant search for the part number yourself? i dont see how much simpler they can make the site...
22616286 :tool:

Sprucegagt
10-26-2006, 10:43 PM
doesn't ours have a chip or sensor or something in it? Thats why it lights up the Service Engine Soon light if its not in tight. I would much rather get the OEM part. So I would really like the new part number. Thx,

Its a regular gas cap. No chip, sensor or anything else added to it.