Jet mass airflow sensor [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Jet mass airflow sensor

williamGT
10-30-2006, 09:34 PM
does anyone have one of these sensor in there Grand Am? does it do anything?
P.S there is no thread on this.

00 GA GT
10-31-2006, 03:15 PM
I got a Granatelli MAF and I couldn't feel anything, then my check engine light came on and my car was running a little rough. So I sent it back and they said that it was damaged during shipping and they are real easy to damage. They weren't going to be able to send me a new one for like another month so I just got my money back. I don't know if they are worth it or not. I think they may cause problems but I'm not sure. My friend got one for his camaro and he said he noticed a difference, but you really need a CAI first or it will be a waste of money.

silverbullet51
10-02-2007, 09:49 PM
yeah i posted a thread on this a while ago and 3 people told me it was a waste of money and my thread was closed. no one could tell me why these things work so bad. i say there should be a sticky in the all go section so newbs like me can clearly understand why 98% of the people on this site don't use them and save everyone else future troubles.

cardude007617
10-02-2007, 10:26 PM
jesus christ those things cost over 400 dollars....
http://www.jetchip.com/purchase.asp?pid=18772&part=69108

AaronGTR
10-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Waste of money, just like the granitelli MAF. Get a used or new LS1 MAF from ebay/junkyard and put that in and have someone with a tuner reprogram your pcm with the LS1 MAF table. It will actually work and run properly. You won't really see any power from it though unless you are boosted or have a complete NA build and nothing else left to replace. In other words, you don't need it. Spend the money on something else. ;)

grandam01
02-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Bringing this back up the GMS MAF works perfect, you gain some low end that you lose from a CAI, before GMS didn't have the grand am MAF to check on the flowbench i took my grand am in and let them use mine then they made a calibrated MAF for the grand am and it worked great I got about .2 of a second faster time at the track, thats a pretty good gain for $300.

Ajaxus
02-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Having bought the Pro-M Maf..not really a great gain for the money. The guys with the fastest ga's are still runnin the stock maf's and have no need for these overhauled maf's..

AaronGTR
02-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Bringing this back up the GMS MAF works perfect, you gain some low end that you lose from a CAI, before GMS didn't have the grand am MAF to check on the flowbench i took my grand am in and let them use mine then they made a calibrated MAF for the grand am and it worked great I got about .2 of a second faster time at the track, thats a pretty good gain for $300.

You can't make a statement like that without dyno testing. You have no conclusive proof that it made any power. Also, they can recalibrate a MAF sensor and get it close, but not perfect. The only way to do that is with tuning in the pcm. This has all been covered before. Instead of $300, you could have got an LS1 MAF off ebay for less than $100 and had the LS1 MAF table loaded into your pcm by someone with DHP or HP tuners... you got ripped off. ;)

lvemy3100
02-03-2008, 12:56 PM
$50 is all we charge at MP Racing (http://www.mpracing.org/store/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=5) for flashing the LS1 maf table to your PCM AND the actual install of the sensor (sensor itself is extra)... for just a reflash of the PCM it would be $25 (plus shipping and core if required)