Windshield Trim [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Trim

timberwoof
11-05-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm wondering if anybody has had this problem and how I might prevent it.

My damn windshield trim is coming off my car. I have a 2004 GA SE1 and it has 70K on it. <---yeah I know its alot but its been back and forth to Missouri a couple of times and my wife drives 45 miles a day to school one way.

It top of the trim started coming off at about 30K, and now the driver side is coming off. I look like a damn redneck driving around with duck tape holding it down until this coming Friday (payday). Has anybody ever had this problem or do you think it might be the area where I live also? I live on the Gulf Coast and go to the beach on a regular basis. Oh well 'itsh happens.

Laters

Rich
11-05-2006, 04:03 PM
are you talking about on the sides? if so, ive replaced both sides now. search winshield moulding and some threads should pop up along with the part numbers for new ones.

pongagt
11-05-2006, 07:27 PM
The top part of my driver's side windshield molding starting coming off because the piece looks like it is shrinking. Some super glue is holding it down to upper molding for now. I have a 99 GT with about 83K.

timberwoof
11-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Hey I'm pretty close to you in mileage, and I have a 2004. No wait that isn't a good thing. Excelerated aging sucks. Well I have to wait to get this thing fixed.

Man my car's been through hell and back.