Keyless Entry Will Not Work!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Entry Will Not Work!!

cheetoh
11-06-2006, 12:12 PM
I am having Problems with the Keyless entry on My Girlfriends 2000 GA. It used to work fine, then it started working only occasionally, Now it will not work at all. I do not think it is the Remote, We have replaced the battery in the Remote 2 times and also tried a new remote. I can not get the keyless entry to do anything. What else could it be??

notsoaveragej0e
11-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Did you reset the remote once you replaced the battery? I believe this is done by holding down lock and unlock at the same time until the car horn chirps... I think its in the manual, also.

pyro
11-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Did you reset the remote once you replaced the battery? I believe this is done by holding down lock and unlock at the same time until the car horn chirps... I think its in the manual, also.
yes, it is.
yes, it is.

cheetoh
11-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Yes, I tried the Reset and nothing happened. No Chirp or anything. Is there a Fuse or a Relay for the Keyless entry system?

Undersexed
11-06-2006, 06:59 PM
make sure the little metal battery "clip" is still soldered to the board in 3 places inside the remote... they come off a lot... most common problem i've seen... also when i had a saturn, same POS GM remote, i had to constantly take the remote apart and clean the black contacts of the rubber keypad with alcohol - i had to do mine about every couple of weeks or so, so you may try that too

cheetoh
11-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Does Anyone know where the Keyless enrty Module is located?

LoboMan7409
11-19-2006, 01:11 PM
where did you get the battery because mine stopped working outside a wal-greens and since I have a factory installed alarm I cant just use the key. So I bought the same battery number from wal-greens and it still didnt work. Now this is going to sound stupid and I know coupe, aj or someone else is going to say some bs about this but I dont care. I hade to get the battery from GM because it was weird but the battery that came out had a checker board pattern on the connection and none of the other ones except the ac delco did either. Put that one in and it worked. Ok guys have a field day

iceman
11-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Does Anyone know where the Keyless enrty Module is located?

Built in to the BCM

where did you get the battery because mine stopped working outside a wal-greens and since I have a factory installed alarm

uhh factory alarm??? lol

BadGT471
11-19-2006, 03:38 PM
I had this happen once. I took it to the dealership and they managed to get it working...

Mike Jung
11-19-2006, 04:01 PM
where did you get the battery because mine stopped working outside a wal-greens and since I have a factory installed alarm I cant just use the key. So I bought the same battery number from wal-greens and it still didnt work. Now this is going to sound stupid and I know coupe, aj or someone else is going to say some bs about this but I dont care. I hade to get the battery from GM because it was weird but the battery that came out had a checker board pattern on the connection and none of the other ones except the ac delco did either. Put that one in and it worked. Ok guys have a field day
You can get dead "new" batteries out of the box.
We see it semi-frequently, where someone brought a new battery for their camera elsewhere; & it was dead.

Didn't they have a battery tester.
Like at work, we have a battery load tester; for battery testing: watch, camera, AA, etc...

No you do not need to go to GM for a battery for your remote.

FYI: There is no factory installed stock alarm.
& Yes, you could of just used the key to enter the car & turn off the alarm (put it in Valet mode).

PS: Bad-mouthing a Mod is frowned upon on GAGT.com

LoboMan7409
11-19-2006, 04:09 PM
You can get dead "new" batteries out of the box.
We see it semi-frequently, where someone brought a new battery for their camera elsewhere; & it was dead.

Didn't they have a battery tester.
Like at work, we have a battery load tester; for battery testing: watch, camera, AA, etc...

No you do not need to go to GM for a battery for your remote.

FYI: There is no factory installed stock alarm.
& Yes, you could of just used the key to enter the car & turn off the alarm (put it in Valet mode).

PS: Bad-mouthing a Mod is frowned upon on GAGT.com

FYI I dont really care, if the mods are gonna bad mouth me then Im not going to take that crap, even if you will bend over and take it they are not gods. And it is my car, not yours so FYI you do not know what I have done to it, I went to the dealer and they asked would you like an alarm installed that will work with your Factory key fob, I said YES. And tell me mike, what good alarm would let you put it in vallet mode WHILE the alarm is going off? I know mine doesn't. And another FYI, I got the two pack and you are obviously ALL KNOWING what are the odds of getting two dead batteries out of the pack one in a million, it is like getting two dead bullets in the same clip it doesnt happen, but hey I am sure Wal Greens has a battery tester for just that instance and I will ask next time. And why when I went and got a battery from pontiac and put it in it MAGICALLY started working huh all knowing mike. I said what I did and it required no comment from you, he could have tried it or not, I didnt end with a question mark I made a statement requiring no further discussion.

PS-bad mouthing ANYONE on GAGT.com is against the rules Mike

Mike Jung
11-19-2006, 04:21 PM
FYI I dont really care, if the mods are gonna bad mouth me then Im not going to take that crap, even if you will bend over and take it they are not gods. And it is my car, not yours so FYI you do not know what I have done to it, I went to the dealer and they asked would you like an alarm installed that will work with your Factory key fob, I said YES. And tell me mike, what good alarm would let you put it in vallet mode WHILE the alarm is going off? I know mine doesn't. And another FYI, I got the two pack and you are obviously ALL KNOWING what are the odds of getting two dead batteries out of the pack one in a million, it is like getting two dead bullets in the same clip it doesnt happen, but hey I am sure Wal Greens has a battery tester for just that instance and I will ask next time. And why when I went and got a battery from pontiac and put it in it MAGICALLY started working huh all knowing mike. I said what I did and it required no comment from you, he could have tried it or not, I didnt end with a question mark I made a statement requiring no further discussion.

PS-bad mouthing ANYONE on GAGT.com is against the rules Mike
How was I bad mouthing you ?

Yes, you can get a bad batch of batteries.
I have seen a whole case of Duracell batteries from Mexico be total duds.

Maybe my English is not so good in conveying to you.
But when you state that you have a factory installed alarm; when in-fact there is no such thing.
Now you state you have a dealer installed alarm.
Which is a totally different thing.

If you don't want anyone to discuss your postings, maybe you should create a BLOG instead of posting in a forum.

PS: I am not all knowing.
I know alot about little things & nothing about alot of things.

Ajaxus
11-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Alan, wtf dude. seriously, check yo self.

Sprucegagt
11-19-2006, 08:51 PM
How was I bad mouthing you ?

Yes, you can get a bad batch of batteries.
I have seen a whole case of Duracell batteries from Mexico be total duds.

Maybe my English is not so good in conveying to you.
But when you state that you have a factory installed alarm; when in-fact there is no such thing.
Now you state you have a dealer installed alarm.
Which is a totally different thing.

If you don't want anyone to discuss your postings, maybe you should create a BLOG instead of posting in a forum.

PS: I am not all knowing.
I know alot about little things & nothing about alot of things.

Mike don't sweat it man. He's not worth it.

Alan here are some facts, take them however you want:

1. Bad mouthing GAGT mods is certainly frowned upon, the same goes for veteran forum members.
2. You do not have a factory alarm. You have a dealer installed alarm. Very big difference.
3. As Mike sad you can get a bad pack of batteries. The manufacturing process is not perfect, so bad packs can get out.
4. The odds do allow for 2 duds back to back in an ammo clip. It's call probability. Take a class in it and find out for yourself.
5. If your here simply to be an ass. Please leave. There is no use for you here.

Gizm0815
11-19-2006, 08:59 PM
does the car lock if u lock the car from the door switch and then close the door that should tell u if its the car or the key fob

rocketfast123
11-20-2006, 12:15 AM
Built in to the BCM

Then what's the thing on the back speaker deck?

Also would that make my car not be able to be program at the dealer? Everytime they press program with the tech 2 tool it came back with error less than a second.

iceman
11-20-2006, 12:20 AM
What thing on the rear deck? Pic?

rocketfast123
11-20-2006, 12:11 PM
http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/479/dscf2542ke2.jpg

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/8990/dscf2532qr2.jpg

coupe
11-20-2006, 01:12 PM
This thread is so funny.
One day about a year ago i bought a big pack of duracell AA battery's (like a 24 or so pack). Got home and they all turned out to be duds, not a single one worked. I had to go all the way back to the store and get a different pack. Then later in the afternoon i decided to go out to the farm and screw around with my 12 guage. I stopped at the local sportsmen shop and picked up a box of shells. I get all the way out to the farm (an hour drive) to find out every single shell was a dud. What are the chances of that? It was one of the weirdest days ive ever had. I ended it by drinking heavily. I was scared to buy beer, thought with my luck the beer would be flat or something lol

iceman
11-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Hmmm.. wtf is that module lol

pyro
11-20-2006, 01:54 PM
are all the pins used? i cant really see it well...

iceman
11-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Ahh.. went digging in the manual. That is part of the keyless entry system.

The keyless entry system has the following main components:

The transmitters
The Body Control Module (BCM)
[b]The Remote Door Lock Reciever (RCDLR) which was added midyear to certain vehicles[/b[

Learn somethin new each day.

slowbird
11-20-2006, 02:33 PM
This thread is so funny.
One day about a year ago i bought a big pack of duracell AA battery's (like a 24 or so pack). Got home and they all turned out to be duds, not a single one worked. I had to go all the way back to the store and get a different pack. Then later in the afternoon i decided to go out to the farm and screw around with my 12 guage. I stopped at the local sportsmen shop and picked up a box of shells. I get all the way out to the farm (an hour drive) to find out every single shell was a dud. What are the chances of that? It was one of the weirdest days ive ever had. I ended it by drinking heavily. I was scared to buy beer, thought with my luck the beer would be flat or something lol

You can turn that into a Country Song if ya wanted to.

rocketfast123
11-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Ahh.. went digging in the manual. That is part of the keyless entry system.

Learn somethin new each day.

Yea a little more info
http://img100.echo.cx/img100/5390/kbox7ft.jpg

http://img100.echo.cx/img100/8398/keyfobs7bw.jpg