New GrandAm GT... How should I supe this badboy up? PIMP MY RIDE! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : New GrandAm GT... How should I supe this badboy up? PIMP MY RIDE!

Jarrod
11-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey Everyone....

I'm new.. but I've been browsing these forums and looking at the garages for awhile now.. you guys have some SICCCKKK cars!

I've recently bought a Grand AM GT.... it has nothing on it yet and I've got enough money to add anything I want... I just want to use my money wisely and I mainly want to add stuff to the car for show rather than performance..

So my question is to you... What should I add to my car?

I'm thinking of this soo far...

- Hood scoops (what kind and where can I get them?)
- Tinted windows..
- Headlight covers
- Taillight covers
- I want to get some cool decals for break lights and little stuff like that...
- Tires.... (what kind? where can I get them?)

Please tell me what you think I should do... also keep in mind I have to drive this in the winter being from Canada and all...

I'll most likely be doing most of this soon and I'll update ya'll with pics on my sweet new ride...

Looking forward to what you dudes have to say..

-Jarrod

mr_eh
11-08-2006, 04:11 PM
it has nothing on it yet and I've got tons of cash to spend and I want to go all out and make it unreal!!! :)

keeping in mind that I want to spend as little as possible but if its going to make my car look sweeeeeeet i'll take it..

...sweetheart, find a new hobby =/

SikMindz
11-08-2006, 04:13 PM
www.pfyc.com
www.ceriousperformance.com
www.rockblocker.com
www.grafxwerks.com

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43
Welcome to the forum! Browse all the different forums for a bit and make sure to utilize the Search function (upper right hand corner). There are TONS of informative threads and pics available for whatever you need.

coupe
11-08-2006, 04:18 PM

:applause: Im laughing so hard it hurts

Slow down kid.
First ya say you have tons of cash, then you say you want to spend as little as possible. You gotta figure out which one it is first.

Then ya gotta decide what direction you wanna go in, show? go? tad of both?

2002GT
11-08-2006, 04:19 PM
You said you have tons of cash you wanna spend on it, but yet, right under that you said you want to spend "little as possible."

Go buy a Honda.

lastyear4gt
11-08-2006, 04:48 PM
You said you have tons of cash you wanna spend on it, but yet, right under that you said you want to spend "little as possible."

Go buy a Honda.

NNIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEE! Truer words have never been spoken. Most of the guys here who are seriously into modding the GA's have $5000+ into them.

Check this out: http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62939&highlight=spent

If you just want to **** it out, dont bother, just leave it stock it looks better that way IMO.

killians31
11-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by mr_eh
:applause:

Go buy a Honda.
x2

you said you have been browsing the forums for awhile now, and no ideas came up?
also, mabye you noticed the sponsers of the web site?

Good Start.

find out what you want and then research, insted of posting waste of time threads.

badboy2451
11-08-2006, 05:20 PM
damn u guys are harsh...

ill start by saying do NOT buy hood scoops for your car, if you want the ram air style then pay the money for a real hood or just forget about it. also tinted windows really give your car a better look, and lowering springs add to the already aggresive look the GT has. take a look at http://www.grafxwerks.com too and take your badges off and replace them with some nice vinyl

there are a lot of little things you can do to make ur car stand out of the crowd and are relitively inexpensive, just look around and see what you can find

jburr008
11-08-2006, 05:25 PM
I personally would not get hood scoops, i would get the whole hood. The double sided tape does not work too good. My friend tried that on his car, and well lets just say "no dice". If you have quite a bit of money go out and get a nice hood from pfyc.com.

Jarrod
11-08-2006, 06:54 PM
First off I want to thank anybody who actually provided advice rather than cut me down on my first post..

Maybe I messed up on my wording a little... what I meant was I have the money (Easily $5k +++), but I won't throw it away on things I don't necessarily need. I want to concentrate mostly on the look of my car for show. It has enough juice under the hood already for me... but I'm interested in hearing what you guys think I should add to my car.. just advice..like so far I've heard its better to get a new hood rather than those glue-on hood scoops.. okay thats cool and probably what I will do... Don't get me wrong.. I'm still interested in little things I can do to make my car perform better.

My car has RAM AIR and is BLACK btw... What else can I add? What little things can I do to make my car look better? Lowering the car isn't a good idea in winter else I would...

ganut
11-08-2006, 07:08 PM
you said you had looked over some cars and liked what you saw, so what did you like that you've seen?

I can give you some ideas if you'd like.

williamGT
11-08-2006, 07:18 PM
www.customgrandam.com is also good for you

Jarrod
11-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Ganut - Looking at your grand am gt... I like your hood and front bumper.. I think I might do something like that or just get a hood similiar to that..

I also saw some tail lights.. http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GA1025/GAEXT/Altezza+Style+Grand+Am+Tail+Lamps.html

Is this the way to go or does anybody have any other ideas? A buddy of mine told me to get some headlight and taillight covers but I'm not exactly sure what he meant.

2002GT
11-08-2006, 07:29 PM
^ Those are taillights

www.rksport.com
www.aedcentral.com
www.ebay.com

SC/T02
11-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Feel free to check out my car domain. I have a lot of links posted http://www.cardomain.com/ride/344223

StreeFX Lighting
B+G Suspension
Vision Bulbs
Decal kits.com
-www.TSW.com TSW Wheels
-www.RkSport.com RK-Sport GM products
-www.LeatherSeats.com Custom leather seats
-www.AutoTrimDesigns.com
-www.MrAlternator.com High Amp Alternators
-www.VanHorn1.com Neon's and car parts
-www.BeavsBargins.com Stereo adaptors
-www.Ultra-graphics.net Carbon Fiber Plating
-www.CustomAutoAccents.com Interior Trim Pieces
-www.seffects.com
-www.CheckCorp.com Seat Heaters
-www.musclemotors.com
-www.RacingCoolers.com Engine Cooling Products

ganut
11-08-2006, 08:04 PM
black GA's with the kit and hood I have look sweet. just go to the link in my cardomain under favorite links. browse around over there. they have it all. hood, kit, tail lights, headlights, etc.

Jarrod
11-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Cool.. thanks guys I'm finding lots of stuff now.. any idea for decals? I'm thinking of a Grand AM GT decal on the top of my windshield... any other sweet little things I can add onto it?

jburr008
11-08-2006, 08:28 PM
hey ganut, i like that front end of yours, how much did that set you back roughly? I am lookin for the same type of deal but i have to drive in the winter living in Winnipeg and all. I think that this ties into Jarrod dilemma, looking for mods that he can do but still winter drivable.

jburr008
11-08-2006, 08:28 PM
hey jarrod, you should get those fender stripes, i think when you only do them on the driver side, they look really classy.

nascarnate326
11-08-2006, 08:36 PM
First, get your windows tinted. Do you have a coupe or sedan? Just wondering.
Goodyear triple threads seem to be good tires. Discount tire sells them here i dont know about canada. DO NOT get fake hood scoops. They are worse then a huge wing. www.pfyc.com or www.ebay.com and find a nice hood with the scoops. Get it painted and install. Then take and put 2000 away, for when your car breaks down. Yes it will happen eventually. Headlight covers im not fond of, though you can get some sweet headlights, and bulbs now. HID kits are bad ass. Tail light covers=never. Tint your tail lights. Do this, and your car will be sweet by my standerds. Cheers and welcome to gagt.com. Take note at what people drive.

ganut
11-08-2006, 08:39 PM
hey ganut, i like that front end of yours, how much did that set you back roughly? I am lookin for the same type of deal but i have to drive in the winter living in Winnipeg and all. I think that this ties into Jarrod dilemma, looking for mods that he can do but still winter drivable.

about 1300

Jarrod
11-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Hey... cool...fender stripes does anybody got some pictures? What am I looking at for these?

Also thanks Nathan for the advice... when you say HID kits are badass, do you have any sites or pics of this for grand am's? I'm starting to get excited here :)

Anybody from Canada? Where is the best place to go for parts and part installation?

pyro
11-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Hey... cool...fender stripes does anybody got some pictures? What am I looking at for these?

Also thanks Nathan for the advice... when you say HID kits are badass, do you have any sites or pics of this for grand am's? I'm starting to get excited here :)

Anybody from Canada? Where is the best place to go for parts and part installation?
ok guy, you seriously need to implement this sites SEARCH feature. all of your questions have been answered multiple times.

jburr008
11-08-2006, 09:25 PM
if you want to see pics of fender stripes, go to customgrandam.com, i am from canada, and i feel that the best place for grand am specific parts is always the net, just check past replies for the sites. as for over the counter parts, us canadians know that you can't go wrong with canuck tire. Depends on what it is though, if you are getting power steering fluid, go with CT, if you are looking for an air intake, the honda civic intakes they sell won't really cut it. just do some searching and you will find the right parts you are looking for. Just remember that when you do something, do it right or not at all.

mr_eh
11-08-2006, 09:29 PM
yo, this guy is not for real...

jburr008
11-08-2006, 09:34 PM
wut do u mean?

jburr008
11-08-2006, 09:47 PM
when i talk about doing something right, i am just saying i learned from experience, i am not trying to be philosophoical, i did not mean it to turn out like that. I learned when i had all of my interior lights hooked up to my cigarette lighter. Hahahaha bad idea. it looked really bad. I then did my research and hardwired them. i know it is an easy mod, but that is how i had to learned that you have to do things right. :)

notsoaveragej0e
11-08-2006, 10:48 PM
First off I want to thank anybody who actually provided advice rather than cut me down on my first post..

Maybe I messed up on my wording a little... what I meant was I have the money (Easily $5k +++), but I won't throw it away on things I don't necessarily need. I want to concentrate mostly on the look of my car for show. It has enough juice under the hood already for me... but I'm interested in hearing what you guys think I should add to my car.. just advice..like so far I've heard its better to get a new hood rather than those glue-on hood scoops.. okay thats cool and probably what I will do... Don't get me wrong.. I'm still interested in little things I can do to make my car perform better.

My car has RAM AIR and is BLACK btw... What else can I add? What little things can I do to make my car look better? Lowering the car isn't a good idea in winter else I would...

Is it really that wise to invest $5000+ into a car that isn't worth that much?

Rims, SC/T kit, tint, lower, done. Don't put anymore than $2500 into it or you will regret it.

williamGT
11-09-2006, 12:05 AM

www.customgrandam.com has the fender stripes and the have a couple of pics too. use the search feature, it helps alot.

mr_eh
11-09-2006, 12:23 AM
the original poster, is joking... he cant be serious...

coupe
11-09-2006, 05:14 AM
the original poster, is joking... he cant be serious...

X2

I smelled something funny from the start.

pyro
11-09-2006, 06:32 AM
its your car, get what YOU think is best. besides, all of these topics have been covered countless times.
/thread