window, and water pump questions [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : window, and water pump questions

GrandAm2001
11-10-2006, 05:34 PM
I am trying to figure a few things out with my girls 01 GrandAm (4cyl). We took it to the dealer because I dont really know much about her car and I hate dealerships. Anyway, the driver window wasnt working I figured prolly the motor. Well apparently it is but the rep said there is a new style motor that would have to be used and that means the regulator (or resistor, I cant remember) also would have to be changed which would be $500 plus, which I think is a bunch of crap, but is it true?

Also there was a coolant leak and they are thinking water pump. I was told the pump is expensive and a pain to get to. Auto Zone has them for 80 bucks, and a thread on here said it takes only ten minutes to do. But is that thread for an 01 or 02? After looking there are different pumps for the 01 and 02. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I am use to working on my car and this one is throwing me for a loop. Thanks all!

freakydeaky
11-10-2006, 06:04 PM
dude, get a brand new regulator off of ebay and install yourself, easy peasy........ i haven't had to change a water pump yet, but according to my haynes manual, it's pretty simple