Wipers won't turn off [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Wipers won't turn off

TmaXx
11-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Hello all,

I have a 01 GrandAm. My wipers will not turn off once I turn them on. They will operate in the "low" speed when the switch is on intermitent, off and mist. High works as expected. If I start the car with the switch in the off position, the wipers will stay off until I turn them on. Then they get hosed again.

Well....what do you guys think. My dad is telling me the motor but I sort of think it's the switch.

prayga
11-14-2006, 05:27 PM
My 01 GT has the same problem. Don't know what to do.;crap

1coop44
11-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Call in a priest .

Ajaxus
11-16-2006, 12:32 PM
first thought..wiring.

second thought..what he said above me.

cmtapanes
11-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Have you done some type of repair around you steering column? If you did maybe some of the wires on the control got loose or the control needs to be replaced. One time my turn signals where acting funny and all I did was give it a nice hit, no problem after that. :)

pyro
11-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Hello all,

I have a 01 GrandAm. My wipers will not turn off once I turn them on. They will operate in the "low" speed when the switch is on intermitent, off and mist. High works as expected. If I start the car with the switch in the off position, the wipers will stay off until I turn them on. Then they get hosed again.

Well....what do you guys think. My dad is telling me the motor but I sort of think it's the switch.
what carlos said...if you cant figure it out with wiring you'll need to put in a new switch. :(

Malaclypse
11-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Its a coin-toss between needing a new switch or a new wiper motor. I've seen both cause a problem like this before.

Only way to be sure is find someone good with automotive electronics and let them diagnose it.