Trying to figure out if I should keep my Grand Am [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out if I should keep my Grand Am

jwsweezy3
11-14-2006, 06:53 PM
I have had my 1999 Grand Am SE for about 2 years now and I am tryin to find something to do to it. I am looking for a manual transmission swap to put in it and I already have a tiwn turbo system to drop in after rebuilding the engine. Prety much what I am looking for is some idea of where to go to get engine internal upgrade parts and about how much horsepower I should be loking at after I make the engine modifications minus the turbo. Also I read that someone had put a larger head onto their 3400 and was curious what it took to do that. I would appreciate any sort of help especially links to related information.

LoboMan7409
11-14-2006, 07:14 PM
thats funny they dont make a TT kit for a GA

Rich
11-14-2006, 08:19 PM
well he never said he bought a kit.

so you had a TT setup built for the car and now you want to get rid of it? and while getting this setup built you didnt even think about building up the internals? this is me questioning the validity of your post. but to be helpful id say www.milzymotorsports.com would be your best bet for the parts your looking for.

jwsweezy3
11-14-2006, 08:42 PM
I do appreciate it and the kit was not something that I bought it was repayment for a favor. An integra engine. I would be selling the car with the kit if I can't get the horsepwer I want. I suppose you are just going to have to trust the validity of it. I don't really know of a reason I would lie about it. Thanks again though.

DrFabulous
11-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Interested in the TT setup for sure. Pics?

You could sell just the TT setup on here for a good chunk, much more than you would get if it was with the car.

Milzy would have what you need. 60degreeV6 would have the manual tranny swap info, or Jon (5-l0) might still have a list of the parts needed.

Ajaxus
11-14-2006, 08:44 PM
people lie, we've seen it. he's just tryin to be careful that's all. umm, im tryin to think of all of the guys down in your area, i know there are a few in that area that work alot on their grand am's. they'd be a decent resource in trying to figure anything out down the line..i'll see what i can come up with to help out.

also on the subject of a manual tranny swap, O1GAGT is from Fort Wayne and is currently acquiring parts to do that swap on his gagt so that's another name to talk to.

jwsweezy3
11-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys and as soon as I get it in and it works I will post pics and a parts list. It'll have to be over the summer though because right now I am down at school. Just collecting parts to make the modifications smother and all at the same time.