New guy from Texas [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Texas

GMMike
11-14-2006, 11:13 PM
I just got a Grand Am from my cousin earlier tonight from his house. I had to put it up on a trailer because it's not drivable right now. It will be awhile until it will be ready to drive, fortunately I have another car I'm driving for now until it's ready. So anyway see you guys around.

Ajaxus
11-14-2006, 11:18 PM
whats wrong with it if i may ask? engine? electrical? tranny?

anyways, welcome to the site. if you're fixing it up go check out our for sale section. a few guys are parting out other cars atm and you can get some damn good deals on parts for fixing it. :D

GMMike
11-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Well I haven't got a good look under the hood because I just got it earlier tonight. Although he said he needs a new alternator and radiator. I'm going to look at it more tomorrow when it's daylight. Besides that it needs some body work nothing real major though. I know I'll be visiting that section soon lol

LukeD
11-15-2006, 01:01 AM
When he says radiator he may mean LIM (or lower intake manifold) gasket. They always go out on our cars, but if you replace them with the Felpro or updated GM gaskets you should be fine. Reason I say LIM gasket is cause the coolent from your radiator will get into the oil from the gasket breaking. If you do a search on these boards you will find tons of info on this.

Oh and *welcome*

GMMike
11-15-2006, 04:27 AM
That's one of the first things I asked him and he told me he replaced them. Anyway thanks for the welcomes.

Tank
11-15-2006, 09:54 AM
Welcome man, need any info on anything this is the place.

timberwoof
11-15-2006, 11:59 AM
Yeah this a good place to get questions answered, the guys are always WILLING to offer anything advice. They'll bash you but don't take it personally. Its just their way.

coupe
11-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Yeah this a good place to get questions answered, the guys are always WILLING to offer anything advice. They'll bash you but don't take it personally. Its just their way.

We only bash when newbs completely ignore the forum rules and then continue to break them after being warned.

mightypan42
11-15-2006, 12:54 PM
*welcome* The Search button is your friend :D

bearcat
11-15-2006, 07:20 PM
We only bash when newbs completely ignore the forum rules and then continue to break them after being warned.

:rolleyes:

Us newbies sure are irritating, aren't we?

timberwoof
11-15-2006, 10:11 PM
hey bearcat, what is the world is that car on your avatar. It looks like something from a hotwheels package

coupe
11-16-2006, 05:30 AM
:rolleyes:

Us newbies sure are irritating, aren't we?

Only the ones that break forum rules and then continue to break them after being warned. Also the ones that like to be whiney like there 5 year olds stomping their feet and not getting their way.