hissing sound? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : hissing sound?

sjones419
11-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Yeah so i left for class the other day and andi was getting on the highway and had to use some horsepower to make a good merge. Well the car shifted down and as it was accelerating i could hear a sort of hissing comming from the front left side of the car. Now every time i accelerate (it doesnt even have to be hard) or just use the gas to hold a constant speed i hear this sound and the sound varies in volume based on acceleration and speed. Anyone know what this is?

digitalballz
11-15-2006, 06:26 PM
vacuum leak. And no your car doesnt have horsepower to merge!! lol

Ajaxus
11-15-2006, 06:29 PM
SNAKES IN A CAR!!! SNAKES IN A CAR!!! lol lol lol

sorry, couldn't help myself

either what he said or something with your intake.

LoboMan7409
11-15-2006, 06:38 PM
chech the PCV valve and the brake booster, those are the easiest two vacume hoses to check.

sjones419
11-15-2006, 08:07 PM
vacuum leak. And no your car doesnt have horsepower to merge!! lol

Point taken... I tried to use the poor old fat horse the resides in my engine bay to merge

stressing the single horse and the old fat part....LOL

LoboMan7409
11-15-2006, 08:45 PM
maaa the just hate their own cars. Our cars have some get up and go if you ask me

pyro
11-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Yeah so i left for class the other day and andi was getting on the highway and had to use some horsepower to make a good merge. Well the car shifted down and as it was accelerating i could hear a sort of hissing comming from the front left side of the car. Now every time i accelerate (it doesnt even have to be hard) or just use the gas to hold a constant speed i hear this sound and the sound varies in volume based on acceleration and speed. Anyone know what this is?
i have the same exact problem, cept its down inside my UIM, so it'l be awhile before it gets fixed...i wouldnt worry too much about it. ive had it for awhile now, it just sounds annoying. i tell people its my turbo

BadGT471
11-15-2006, 10:31 PM
I get a hissing sound too, but it's just my intake... You don't have an intake, do you? I'm at 55k, I'm just waiting for my LIM to start leaking... So far, so good though...

LoboMan7409
11-15-2006, 10:51 PM
I get a hissing sound too, but it's just my intake... You don't have an intake, do you? I'm at 55k, I'm just waiting for my LIM to start leaking... So far, so good though...

Just pray it doesnt

Rich
11-16-2006, 12:38 AM

LIM: A Ticking Time Bomb

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/Rich125678/rough.gif

sjones419
11-16-2006, 07:17 AM

Nope no intake... im holding off on all engine work until i get all the suspension, brake, and body work done. No point in having all that power when the car cant stay stuck to the road and cant get it to stop when you need it to.

pyro
11-16-2006, 07:22 AM
Nope no intake... im holding off on all engine work until i get all the suspension, brake, and body work done. No point in having all that power when the car cant stay stuck to the road and cant get it to stop when you need it to.
umm...yea. its a grand am. you wont get that much power, unless you plan on spending a couple g's. the 3 HP from an intake wont dirive you from handling with stock suspension/brakes.

sjones419
11-16-2006, 07:30 AM
umm...yea. its a grand am. you wont get that much power, unless you plan on spending a couple g's. the 3 HP from an intake wont dirive you from handling with stock suspension/brakes.

Well no SH**!!!... and yes i do plan on dropping a couple g's...lol

pyro
11-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Well no SH**!!!... and yes i do plan on dropping a couple g's...lol
well your logic behind not geting an intake because of "all that power" doesn't make any sense.

sjones419
11-16-2006, 07:44 AM
well your logic behind not geting an intake because of "all that power" doesn't make any sense.

i wasnt just talking about not gettin a intake, i was talking about any and all engine work in general...

sjones419
11-16-2006, 07:46 AM
wow are we seriously debating over this? this is retarted... id like to stick to the hissing sound

timberwoof
11-16-2006, 10:00 AM
HEY GUYS THERE"S A TENNIS MATCH OVER HERE BETWEEN "MIKE JONES AND pyro!!!! Hurry up they're just starting.

pyro
11-16-2006, 10:05 AM
HEY GUYS THERE"S A TENNIS MATCH OVER HERE BETWEEN "MIKE JONES AND pyro!!!! Hurry up they're just starting.
-1 not funny, not only that but i dont get it, so -2.

...and as for this hissing, weve established what ths issue is. not that it hasnt been discussed or anything. check your vacuum lines. if you are in doubt, take it to a garage.

timberwoof
11-16-2006, 10:09 AM
pyro you're very slow and have no sense of humor.. Its okay man there are group meetings for people with this problem.

Ajaxus
11-16-2006, 10:15 AM
pyro you're very slow and have no sense of humor.. Its okay man there are group meetings for people with this problem.

personally i thought it was lame too *shrug* ;crap

LoboMan7409
11-16-2006, 10:24 AM
i wasnt just talking about not gettin a intake, i was talking about any and all engine work in general...

Dude it's cool I get what you are doing, you are taking care of the visual stuff then the performance stuff. I know because I am doing the opposite doing all performance and leaving the car stock for now

timberwoof
11-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Dude it's cool I get what you are doing, you are taking care of the visual stuff then the performance stuff. I know because I am doing the opposite doing all performance and leaving the car stock for now

That's pretty much what I'm doing here. But I have to wait 'til Feb. to start on everything, that is why I'm doing the research.

Oh and as for the THREAD here, Look at the vacuum lines. GAs don't have very good quaility stock parts, and things tend to rot and rattle and "hiss".