Easy question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Easy question

TFA
11-17-2006, 10:23 PM
I sound like an idiot but...is there something holding the battery in in my 03GA? i was trying to remove it to get batter access to my cold air install, and it wouldnt move worth a damn, i couldnt see anything down there ,then again it was dark...

Mike Jung
11-17-2006, 10:25 PM
I sound like an idiot but...is there something holding the battery in in my 03GA? i was trying to remove it to get batter access to my cold air install, and it wouldnt move worth a damn, i couldnt see anything down there ,then again it was dark...
There better be lol
(Or your battery would be sliding around.)

Get a flash light & look down on the passenger side of the battery (same side as the terminals).
There is a battery clamp there, on the bottom edge of your car battery.

PS: Don't forget the battery terminal connections -> disconnect them ;)

pyro
11-17-2006, 10:25 PM
there is one battery clamp down on the inside...IIRC its a 12mm bolt. you'll see it down there by the coolant line.

TFA
11-17-2006, 10:35 PM
ahah, i thought i saw something down there, its gonna be a pain in the A to get down to with the ram air right there...

LoboMan7409
11-17-2006, 10:36 PM
just get a ratchet and a long extension with a 12 MM deep socket and loosen it

pyro
11-17-2006, 10:40 PM
ahah, i thought i saw something down there, its gonna be a pain in the A to get down to with the ram air right there...
all you have to do with the ram air is take off the three plastic clips holding it on and lift it up. bada bing, bada boom