Pulling Relays [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Pulling Relays

Tony
11-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Is there a special tool available for removing relays? I tried pulling one out with my bare hands and succeeded only in lifting off the top of the plastic case.

Also, where could I get a good quality fuse puller? The plastic ones included in the fuse box are not very good.

pyro
11-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Is there a special tool available for removing relays? I tried pulling one out with my bare hands and succeeded only in lifting off the top of the plastic case.

Also, where could I get a good quality fuse puller? The plastic ones included in the fuse box are not very good.
i always just use a vicegrip to take em out...onhly done it a few times though. as for a fuse puller, in all of my fuse-blowing ive come to find that needle-nosed plyers are the best fuse-pulling tool.

lone_wolf025
11-18-2006, 06:23 PM
i always just use a vicegrip to take em out...onhly done it a few times though. as for a fuse puller, in all of my fuse-blowing ive come to find that needle-nosed plyers are the best fuse-pulling tool.

x2

Relays= big pliars to grasp the entire thing
Fuses = needle nose

canadian_racer
11-22-2006, 09:45 AM
On big fuses that are surrounded by other big fuses (example fuse #22 which is used for the DRLs on the 03s) I use a flat head screw driver to pry it up enough to get visegrips on to it.

Kdawg207
11-22-2006, 10:12 AM
i always use a needle nose
that plastic thing you get from GM sucks fat balls

lvemy3100
11-22-2006, 10:23 AM
for relays I just use my fingers and a very small flat head or a pick...

i always use a needle nose
that plastic thing you get from GM sucks fat balls

that plastic thing does suck but with enough practice you can use it almost as easily as a pair of needle nose pliars.. just my .02

BTW- I know this because a customer stole my only pair once and I refused to buy another because I was so damn confident that I still had them... lol that will show me to trust people with my tools

gectek
12-20-2006, 03:40 PM
they actually do make a set of pliers for pulling relays, they look like v's on the end of a pair of plier handles, they work ok, but not good in tight spaces. i think ur local parts store should be able to get them if you want a pair.

if im lookin at a particular relay and cant get to it good, just pull one on the end and work your way towards it, i think its easier like that, just put them back the right way