Rear Bumper Cover... How much $$$ [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rear Bumper Cover... How much $$$

PLUM_72
12-01-2006, 05:18 PM
In the wonderful midwest snow storm we had today, hit someone or got hit in a parking lot, not sure how it exactly happened. But any way I might be buying a rear bumper cover for my '01 GA/GT. The right rear bumper is cracked in a number of places around the lower backup light. What's this gonna cost? Granted I have an insurance deductable, but still whats the whole job going to cost?

This might be an opportune time to make a slight body mod. Are there any rear bumper covers out there that look better than stock? I've seen some pretty cheesy body mods on tuner cars and I DONT want that type of mod. Perhaps something that will blend well with the rest of the stock '01 factory GA/GT lower body plastic.

Rich
12-01-2006, 08:30 PM
well iirc, a dealership quoted me around $400 just for a new unpainted rear GT bumper, you can get it for about half that at www.gmpartsdirect.com. the price of paint will depend on the shop and I'm not educated enough on the subject to give an average estimate. as for an after market rear, there aren't any that will flow with the rest of the stock GT body.

chesee48
12-21-2006, 09:44 PM
can anyone find the bolts and brackets that are needed to replace the bumper back onto the car?

tenspeed
12-22-2006, 09:46 AM
You might be able to find a rear GT bumper, painted, in a junk yard or ebay. They seem to get hit in the front end.

I hit a deer and I was allowed $600 for the front cover and paint. I got a used cover from ebay for under $200 shipped and installed it my self.