cigarette lighter....fuse?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : cigarette lighter....fuse??

robbieholtz
12-03-2006, 03:08 PM
yeah my cigarette lighter use to work and now it doesnt....is there a fuse for it on the 99 gagt??? i checked the fused box on the side and couldnt find it.....i made sure the lighter was plugged in and making a good connection too....but i got nothing...

thanks

robbie

Mike Jung
12-03-2006, 03:37 PM
yeah my cigarette lighter use to work and now it doesnt....is there a fuse for it on the 99 gagt??? i checked the fused box on the side and couldnt find it.....i made sure the lighter was plugged in and making a good connection too....but i got nothing...

thanks

robbie
Yes, there is a fuse for the cig. lighter socket.

It is in the the engine compartment fuse box.
According to my owner's manual, it is #34.

blasfemaz
10-02-2009, 03:22 PM
If you replace the fuse with a working one, but the lighter still does not work, what should you check next?

Thanks.

PhantomLover007
10-02-2009, 05:40 PM
You may have an issue like I have. Are you using an OEM lighter or an aftermarket from Auto.zone or somewhere else? If aftermarket you'll be changng fuses forever. Go to a junk yard and get an OEM one.

lone_wolf025
10-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Make sure a coin didn't find its way in either!

aiixon
10-03-2009, 12:02 AM
If you have the time and some basic know-how, just take off the panel that the cig lighter is on, and start the car. Get a test light and touch it to the power wire (orange I believe??). If you have power, then whatever you're plugging in is the culprit, if not, you need to slowly work your way back through the wiring and troubleshoot if a new fuse doesn't fix it.

mlog
10-03-2009, 01:24 AM
If you replace the fuse with a working one, but the lighter still does not work, what should you check next?

Thanks.

Is it blowing fuses or is the receptable just not getting any power with a good fuse?

blasfemaz
10-03-2009, 05:19 AM
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I am actually not sure if it is an oem or aftermarket. I bought the car used, and the lighter has never worked. It looks like its oem though.
I looked at fuse #34 in the fuse box, and it looks fine. I replaced it with a new one anyway, but the lighter still wont work. Is there more than one fuse for this on a 99 grand am se?
I haven't taken the panel off, but that'll be my next step.

Thanks everyone.

cagex
03-17-2011, 03:42 PM
I went to few places and price for just fixing the cigratte lighter got bigger and bigger and they started from just simple fuse name to wires and exchanging the lighter connector to new one and one of them said they will have to use cleaner and it may take up to 2days for fixing this issue, i came to your website and showed me where to find the fuse and i did the test to see if could fix it my self and it WORKED.... you guys are the best and i made a video about it to see if it helps you guys out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pmJKUf5ZXA

burgett2103
03-17-2011, 06:28 PM
i was just gonna say, yes it is most likely a fuse