overflow tank cap need help asap [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : overflow tank cap need help asap

Gizm0815
12-04-2006, 02:05 PM
low coolant light came on and i went to remove the cap and it apears that it broke im not sure if it should separate or not but the plug part of the cap is still in the tank and i dont know how to remove it so i can fill the tank. also not sure if the cap is broken or if it is suposed to separate. if the cap is broke where can i go to get a new one have a pontiac dealer, autozone, and advance in the area. any help would be great cuz i need to be able to drive the car back to school in a few hrs.

thanks
joe

Grreen99GT
12-04-2006, 02:09 PM
this happened to me before, the cap is broke. you can get a new one from advance. just look at all the caps and it should be pretty obvious which one you need. to get the plug part out just take a screwdriver or something and wedge it in there and pry it out

boost21
12-04-2006, 02:46 PM
mine did that when i changed my t-stat about 2 weeks ago. if you pry the piece out the two parts snap back togeather...at least mine did

Gizm0815
12-04-2006, 03:16 PM
i just replaced it. the wouldnt snap back together had to break the thing apart to get it out so hopefully it will be ok.