what do I need to add OEM cruise to my 02 GA SE1 [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : what do I need to add OEM cruise to my 02 GA SE1

bad_jesus
12-12-2006, 12:26 AM
Hey guys! I did a search, but I couldn't find anything on this. I thought someone would have wondered this before.

I can find on ebay, the stock cruise switch, and the cruise module.. but what all do I need, and how easy is it to add in?

Does anyone know of a "how to" guide on this? I don't want to get an aftermarket module, they are always crazy expensive, and usually are pretty crappy.

Thanks!

bad_jesus
12-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Is this not posted in the right section? Or does no one actually know anything about this?

tjc13
12-14-2006, 05:36 PM
This isn't a very common mod. I think that most of the cars came with cruise control and if they didn't, people just live without it. You could always ask a dealer what parts you need or if they can do it.

coupe
12-14-2006, 06:27 PM
I actually had no idea that any came without it. I thought it was kinda standard now-a-days.

jackal2000
12-14-2006, 07:12 PM
besides the obvious parts you will also need the PCM flashed with a new bin to add in the cruise fuel tables.

sounds like a PITA mod to me.

Lab Rat
12-15-2006, 07:43 AM
You buy the module. It has a ten wire harness you have to deal with. When you find the module make sure you get the mounting bracket and the 10 pin harness end. you will also need the brake cruise kill switch. Mount it in the OEM position (just above the engine mount on the passengers side) run all but the ground wire into the cabin. Hook up the switches (I fabbed up a switch plate and buttons cause I did not have the extra 100 bucks for new steering wheel switches). Find a 12 volt power line to tap into. Hook up the VSS and one other wire I can't remember right now. I edited this to say you hook up the throttle cable to the linkage. Very easy and straight forward but thought you should know this. Then enjoy your new cruise. This was my first mod done way back in 2001. A Haynes manual will get you most of the info you need, such as pin outs and general info. Good luck.