How to fix the drivers chair power seat [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : How to fix the drivers chair power seat

izayn
12-12-2006, 07:00 AM
My power seat went bad a little bit ago (The one that only goes up and down)The .motor still runs but the mechanisim that caused it to rize and fal doesn't seem to work anymore. does anyone know what to do to get ti working again.

If it can't work again how do I get the seat back to the lowest height.

redfox
12-12-2006, 07:08 AM
I just had this happen, The wife moved my car and had it in the highest setting. When i got in my head was touching the roof. I was gonna remove the seat, but I just keep toggling the switch and it went down.

gectek
12-20-2006, 05:42 PM
there are 2 cable driven actuators that raise the seat, 1 for front 1 for rear. i think it is usually the motors go bad and they sound like they are working, but the output gear on the motor is stripped(plastic usually) or the cables get pulled off, or the actuator itself stops working. first off when you have the seat up(if you dont know how to get the seat up, read this (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65499). then if you can make jumper leads from the power and ground on the connectors. then operate the switch. if the motors turn but the cable doesnt, then its the motor/s. if the cable is unhooked(well fix it) and if they both move, but the actuator doesnt, well then there ya go.

pics of the motors under the seat(top of picture is back of seat so thats how it would look if you just tipped it foreward)