Crap in sunroof [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Crap in sunroof

BadGT471
12-14-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm getting a lot of leaves and debris at the back of the sunroof, where it tilts... The part where the water goes to drain is constantly getting crap in it. I hardly ever open my sunroof, so I'm not sure how this is happening. Anyway's, I tried to get most of the crap out, but some of the leaves are sliding under the roof, and I am not sure how to get them out. I don't really care if they're under there, but I don't want a backup of water into the car... Any ideas?

coupe
12-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Have you tried a vaccum?
I have an attachement for mine thats VERY narrow and can fit in some very small areas.

BadGT471
12-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Good idea, coupe. I will try that... My main question is, will this clog the drain holes if I don't manage to get it all out?

coupe
12-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Good idea, coupe. I will try that... My main question is, will this clog the drain holes if I don't manage to get it all out?

Yes it will clog your drain holes. I keep mine clean as a whistle at all times in fear of this. Once a year i take my air compressor and air gun and stick it right in the holes and blow air through them. Whatever is in there comes out real quick lol The first time i did it a bunch of brown and black gunk came out lol

You could also use an air compressor and a blow gun to clean out the sunroof tracks. Only problem is it will get all inside your interior. No biggie really, just have to vaccum out your interior after you do that.